Global Chat

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by nofear1299, July 24, 2014.

1. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

Okay, @hearmyvoice, If you wanted to drown your voice out, you're doing a bang-up job.

everything in your post is non-argumented and has no personal experience to back it up, not only that you're downright wrong in every single point so I'm not going to do a point by point because I'm too lazy but hey let's illustrate how wrong you are in at least one of your points:
    ooooookay. small groups of people shouldn't talk to each other and PA chat wouldn't work because it's too big.... yet FAF is bigger than PA.

yup. you can measure it alone by the time it takes you to host a same player count game or matchmake in the two games.
  2. thepilot

thepilot Well-Known Member

Is 10.000 unique users per week a small group? Then PA group is tiny in comparaison, shouldn't be a problem.

Sure they are old users on it, but it's mostly new or occasional users.
  3. hearmyvoice

hearmyvoice Active Member

Really? 10 000 new people write on chat every week? Ok, then I admit being wrong on that one.
  4. hearmyvoice

I wish I could understand what you just said.
    mered4 likes this.
  5. thepilot

thepilot Well-Known Member

Not new, unique. Meaning that 10.000 different people goes on the chat each week, but that can be the same 10.000 people every week.

You can check how it goes and how many people are using it, it's one click away, you don't need to use FAF (check tatsub post).

Also, try to be a troll, just to check how much time you can stay on it before getting kicked out...
  6. tatsujb

I was saying what you said doesn't hold up because 1.) you're advocating small groups of people don't have the right to talk to each other ....I'm sorry but that's what it is you said when we get down to brass tax. 2.) that it wouldn't work in PA because PA's playerbase is so much bigger ....ERRRP! wrong.

(I don't know how you misunderstood, that's almost the same wording i used above)
    Last edited: August 23, 2014
  7. hearmyvoice

1) Why wouldn't they have right to talk to each other?

2)I didn't say PA is bigger, it's newer. What I meant is that when the chat is filled with veterans talking to each other, there is no space for "trolls"... or new people. FAF chat seems to be mostly filled with vets since almost everyone who chat seem to have an avatar next to their name. But yes, you're right, It could work. But it's risky...

Besides, there's lots of negative and unproductive "doom" talk about the game here on forums. If people here take it to the global chat... it's not a good thing at all.

You're counter arguing something I haven't said. How could I understand it?
  8. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

I total agreed with you neutrino plz dont make global chat that will kill the game thats a very good option hehe indeed.
    Sry the bad english and keep the good work.
    Last edited: August 24, 2014
  9. tatsujb

Seriously Kath....

whenever you're done trolling, let us know.
    stuart98 likes this.
  10. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Idk, but hey, before runescape had integrated all of it's chats and just had area chats and stuff, there were custom runescape clients that launched runescape in their own lightweight browser with tons of tools and calculators and tabs and guides and wikis and item and monster lookups and most importantly global chats and quick forum access.

Dude, that is what we need I guess, from what I am hearing. Uber can provide by default a plebian launcher that you use when you get the game by default, and anyone that knows anything at all about what they are doing in PA will use a player-made launcher that provides tabs and such for everything.

I wish I knew del-facto how to use atomshell or something to compile it all-in-one. However, maybe I can either help or encourage it's creation.
  11. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I have something cooking in that respect... more to follow at a later stage.
    mishtakashi and thetrophysystem like this.
  12. tatsujb

does atom-shell work on linux? is this the same thing as what was used for PAMM atom-shell version?

if so great!
  13. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

I do not know what kind of drugs you taking, but it must be brutal?

What and who are you to talking about FAF ?

You have some kind of knowledge about FAF, I'm not even pronuncial on what you to say because it is ridiculous.

Not because i ,like so many other play for so long faf, have enough knowledge to talk about such quality and professionalism that the entire team off FAF have done,im to small compare to them.

FAF has + 7 years(iff count with beta) of extreme development year after year, we have been witnessing a huge growth of new players, and ideas are something we have a lot to the future.

I'm not saying that this community is very small and am not going out there we are not going learn nothing by that way, but do not talk nonsense because right now PA has nothing to do with the quantity and quality of 5 STARS wonderful players in faf ...

In the worst cases the worst days of FAF are the best PA days in terms of games and active players.

Let's learn to distinguish between truths and not drown without any kind of knowledge ,thats bad for you ....

PA is planetary anhilation and give bether subjects to Uber team then this kind imagination.
    FAForever supreeme commander is at its best at this moment .

It was you and nobody else that approach this subject.
  14. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

I just think Uber is right on that subject?
    whats rong with that!
  15. tatsujb

16. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General