Give snipers their bodyshot damage back

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by zarakon, April 5, 2011.

1. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

You're still missing the entire point

Higher bodyshot damage + lower RoF = similar bodyshot damage output, but less repeated chances at headshots, therefore doing the opposite of rewarding snipers that "cant shoot good"
  2. blg

blg New Member

Sniper is by far one of the best bot clearing classes.
    You do know that 2-3 headshots will kill a blackjack? Combine that with explosive rounds you can easily kill a large cluster of bots by aiming at the head.

1 Clip should easily be able to kill a huge group of bots faster than everything besides a tank and an assassin.

Headshot bots and wonders will happen.
    Last edited: April 6, 2011
  3. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Not only does explosive shot make snipers amazing at dealing with bot groups, it gives them juice at an incredible rate, especially late in the game when there are more blackjacks. When I occasionally play sniper, it's just juice juice juice, faster than any other class.
  4. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

The thing about that is Sniper's juice isn't as powerful as the other Pros.
  5. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

It's a great handicap when you're in a sniper duel vs a sniper who is far superior though. :lol:
  6. DeadStretch

:lol:
    Using juice to even the playing field... yeah I do it too.
  7. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

True.. he can still mow down players with ease, but he can just barely deal with lv2 rockits and can't really touch lv3s
  8. DeadStretch

This is starting to get off-topic but I will say Flak is one of the best skills to use against turrets. Not only does it heavily damage the turrets it prevents Supports from healing it unless they want to die.
  9. Tiller

Tiller Active Member

I said before upgrades he's kind of bad at it without flak. Level 3 passive works wonders when you get there though. Nerfing the Rate of Fire more would hurt this role.
  10. DeadStretch

How many Snipers on the PC use the Rate of Fire endorsement?
  11. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

Considering there are few endorsements that are really effective with the Sniper, ROF really helps with the bots, until they get close, however. If the enemy team pushes in, the effectiveness of a Sniper is sharply diminished.
  12. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Almost everyone uses Gold, maybe a few Silver
  13. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

Probably more Silver since the Armor nerf. Without Gold Armor, an Assassin can kill a Sniper in one Front Grapple.
  14. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

has anyone else noticed a HUGE amount of snipers lately? thankfully they are stupid enough to not run armor.....
  15. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

LMFAO
  16. killien

killien Active Member

I think I've only seen 1 sniper using Bronze RoF, everyone else it's Silver or Gold
  17. Goose

Goose Active Member

You can heal out of the range of the flak 90% of the time.
  18. Lyrae

Lyrae New Member

No class should be that great at -anything- without upgrades. I imagine it's why they exist to begin with.

If a sniper is forced to aim properly the first time and gets a headshot, kudos to him. If I see five bullets fly randomly past my head and one connects, that's what irritates me. I don't get to spam assassination attempts from across the map. :p

Edit: ^ is why I'd prefer recoil on the rifle. Line the headshot up right the first time or suffer on your successive, immediate attempts. Passive skill would decrease it to a minimal amount.
  19. MrHTRW

MrHTRW New Member

Ya but you get to spam the grapple button until you grapple them, and the R dash.
  20. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

so does every single class