Getting Ready for Beta

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, September 23, 2013.

1. Kruptos

Kruptos Active Member

Does it slow your computer when you start it or are you doing something heavy, like building previews of planets?

Why can't you play a.i battles? Is there lag or doesn't it start at all?
  2. xthefrennchmanx

xthefrennchmanx Member

I'm having 10+ minutes loading times... does that count was a bug?
  3. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

Bug, you mean feature, right? ^^ :)
  4. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

Yes, after building the planets, it goes very slow, under 10 fps and it stutters from one side of the system to the other when i try to slightly move around.

When i try to join a game with no players (the usual way to start an A.I battle) it does nothing but wait, and people try to join me and wait for me, but i dont want to play with people just yet.
    It was working fine earlier when i was trying it.
  5. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

It was a feature in TA. But in TA you could defend yourself with almost any unit, since they could all target Air and the Atlas/Valkyrie were very slow and immobile as they were lowering down to nab the Commander.

In PA, we don't have that 'feature' anymore. It's vastly more frustrating to have your Commander destroyed in such a cheesy way when all of your other units that don't have the 'Can Shoot Air' flag just sit there and watch it.
  6. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

That's ridiculous. Does this mean we have to build AA to counter air units? This game is going down the pan eh?
  7. nanolathe

Of course you need to build AA to counter a lot of aerial units. I never implied that you didn't.

But as the only counter to one single transport, hovering almost perfectly still only 30ft above the ground that's trying to steal the Commander?

No. I don't think you should need dedicated AA for that.
  8. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Commander nabbing as it exists is an exploit. Tanks never shooting at air may or may not stay in. There's a lot of stuff in this build we like, there's some experimental. Mind you, a tank can still HIT an air unit, they just won't aim at them. The shells can still collide.
  9. nanolathe

If a tank has no reason to aim above the horizon then there's virtually zero chance that you will ever see that interaction occur.
  10. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Unless the planet is exceptionally small.

But even so.....should not energy weapons still be above the rule?
  11. hyperforce

hyperforce New Member

I actually have a question in regards to the tactical layout of the terrain on planets.
    With the inclusion of the entire solar system, is the planet construction system being finalised or still under heavy development.

My main concern with the way maps look right now is that they don't have enough tactical distinctiveness such as ramps, cliffs, highground that you can reach without an air transport (even though we have no such thing as of yet). Supreme commander had a lot more structure to the maps. Will we see some of these features still?
  12. GalacticCow

GalacticCow Active Member

don't tell us that flying battle commanders using interplanetary transports are being nerfed too? :'(
  13. aeonsim

aeonsim Active Member

Sun is no longer rendered (on OSX at least) instead an invisible copy of the Second planet is in it's place. If you then use F11 to turn on the Flow field view you'll see a version of one of the planets rendered where the sun should be wih the flow fields showing and the two planets orbiting it.

Attached Files:

14. nanolathe

Why? You're enforcing an arbitrary rule over tanks with solid projectiles, but not lasers?

Yet more arbitrary twoddle.
  15. garat

Yup.
  16. nanolathe

And that's a good thing?
  17. garat

I generally don't see things in black and white, Nano.
  18. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

It was kinda generalized arbitrary 'twoddle', but yeah I am still with you on this one Nano.

TA projectiles were however rather slow when compared to aircraft.
  19. nanolathe

Ahh, I see. You mean like the black and white blanket restriction you put on tanks so they may not aim at aircraft?
    That kind of black and white, right?
    mushroomars and bradaz85 like this.
  20. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

I had no crashes so far, trying to smash this ugly moon into the planet, how many thrusters do I need, 50? xD