Getting Ready for Beta

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, September 23, 2013.

1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Still a lot more work to do on this front.

Mornin all. Scanning through your posts, and server logs to see how the last few hours of this interim build are doing.
  2. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

You poor thing you must have only got a couple hours sleep?
    supremeoverlord likes this.
  3. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Morning! Early start - did you guys sleep in? ;)
  4. pudeldestodes

pudeldestodes Member

welcome back ;)
    btw i've noticed, that the "shadow" of a orbiting mon is more like a square than a circle ;) but thats minro i guess ;)
  5. aeonsim

aeonsim Active Member

Hi @garat any idea where on the priority list the Black Textures bug for OSX is? I see it's still in the current build, and it's really painful to play on a planet where you can't see any of the features and have to turn on the flow field view mode to make sure you don't build/place things in unreachable places. It's a pretty massive issue for Mac users, and will drive Beta mac users nutty until they learn of the F11 trick...
  6. dala1984

dala1984 Member

7. microapple

microapple Member

I've gotten this in past builds, it's still really annoying.

I believe it's a client issue, because I still see stuff being built & units moving. Also, this bug generally happens when I've selected fabricator units..
  8. xthefrennchmanx

xthefrennchmanx Member

[quote="garat, Mornin all. Scanning through your posts, and server logs to see how the last few hours of this interim build are doing.[/quote]

Good morning, ready for an other legendary day?
  9. ronaldhooch

ronaldhooch New Member

I dont know if anyone else is having this problem, or if it's just me and my laptop. But since last updating I cant play the game, it will start up, going into a game and all. I pick my start location and then as soon as I zoom in the game crashes instantly and every time. Anyone else come across this?
  10. garat

Had two hours of sleep. So far, scanning through the logs, I've found 6 unique crashes that you crazy kids have uncovered, a few that have occured at least a few times. Good start to the day! A crash we can find is a crash we can fix. :)
    aeonsim and Schulti like this.
  11. Kruptos

Kruptos Active Member

You don't "put them on". If your planet is of viable size (radius 200 - 300) you'll see there are thruster icons below the names of small planets in the top right panel in the solar system grid. Those icons tell you how many thrusters you need to build to make a KEW. After you have build the necessary number, the planet icon in the solar system grids says ready and when you click on it, there's a big button that says ANNIHILATE. You press that and select your target.

Enjoy the fireworks.
    bradaz85 likes this.
  12. GalacticCow

GalacticCow Active Member

If you make a crater on the crater, would it deform it even more, eventually creating a giant hole in the planet?
  13. Vernam7

Vernam7 Member

not Very important but:
    some decals on the planets (more often in the metal planet), overlap the metal resource locations, and the extractor can't be build.

[​IMG]

because i didnt spend more than few mins with the game, (no freee time damn it) i could find any other critical bugs, bu i wish to report that i am so glad i see a FULLscreen mode and that the performance was really much improved!

just few lag momments when lookign arround the planet wnd rendering decals, but generally the software uses arrounf 1,5gb or RAM stable, no memmory leaks so far and i was much more smooth 3d movements in general! huge improvents over teh last alpha version, keep it up!!!! (but also get some sleep guys :p)

thanks a lot
  14. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

Me and some of the guys at ikon gaming could not finish a game due to simulation terminates T_T Make sure you guys dont push yourselves too hard as we all know what happens to code when programmers have too little beauty sleep!
    LavaSnake likes this.
  15. garat

Last few days have mostly been bug hunting/crash fixing. Looking for all those mean ol' sim terminated's.
    LavaSnake likes this.
  16. Vernam7

Vernam7 Member

guys is there a way to take screenshot of the game main menu or other menus or system editor, because i still see a bug in the system editor and i need a screenshot to be more clear, but the "printscreen" key gives me just black!

is there any dedicate shortcut for screenshots and a location where they are saved?:rolleyes:
  17. garat

If you're in windows or mac, both have snipping tools/clipping tools to allow you to grab a selection screen grab.
    LavaSnake likes this.
  18. pudeldestodes

pudeldestodes Member

just produced another simulation terminated.. was attacking an orbit fighter, when an astraeus of my enemy just started and hit my fighter ;)
  19. Kruptos

Kruptos Active Member

Sorry if I sounded ungrateful, I just have no idea how you guys are planning on making KEW interaction. Got a little worried that asteroids would be "just" supernukes.
  20. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

The system editor is still bringin my PC to a crawl with just a few planets in it.
    I dont seem to be able to start a comp stomp any more either. (A.I. Battle)

Also, "Watch replay" seems to be just a shortcut for find a game to play at the moment.