Gamma v.62037 First Impressions thread

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by chronosoul, February 27, 2014.

1. leuhpoulpe

leuhpoulpe New Member

I usualy don't go on forums to give my negative opinion about a game in beta (or Alpha, or Omega) but with this update it became litteraly unplayable for me.
    The lobby explorer is unreadable on a "big" screen (24"), you have to read a line of 1700*40 pixels, it is really, really not pleasant. A smaller window like in previous versions is way more confortable and can easily show as many informations.
    The lobby itself is really not fonctionnal, very few informations are displayed, no control over anything as a client, etc
    I really don't want to seem mean, but it's like the designer(s) tried too hard to be "modern".

With that, on at the very least 25 attempts to play only one actually worked and i had to go for a 4 players FFA because 1vs1 simply don't work for me. Everytime, if the other player don't disapear for goats know what reason, the game launch itself before i can even select my slot, loading the system ... forever.

I tried again just a few minutes ago to play, 6 attempts, 2 auto-launch forever, 3 "connection lost" and one lobby already full by the time i click on it (lack of refresh of the list, but that's not new and acceptable).
    Before the update, it was succefull 7/10, now it's .... 1/25, it means 4%.
    I'm sure it's not the case for everyone, or i would read a lot more about it, but about the design, on the game i succefully played i wasn't exactly alone to think what i said.
    Once again, sorry if i sound mean.
  2. rkfg

rkfg Member

--moved to bugs and issues--
    Last edited: March 1, 2014