Gamma Release - Time for Reviews?

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by vyolin, March 3, 2014.

1. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I never understood that.

your unemployed, your time is worthless, yet you complain about a f2p game you can grind to get items valued with real money.

you make 50/hr. You play a f2p where you could buy the so called overpowered or endgame stuff. You can't... Afford it? With money from your lucradive employment? And after paying the game still costs less than 20 dollars?
  2. vyolin

vyolin Well-Known Member

Of course you can shell out 50$ on a game that just is not worth it if you have the money to do so. It is just not a compelling reason to actually do it.
  3. thetrophysystem

well you argue f2p or p2w is an immediate dismissal for a game to be good.

they suck but not always inherently. Its case by case, and certainly not whatever bandwagon thing metacritic displays.

metacritics the worst. Basically, you get 40 distant lemming Facebook friends to bad review for you because you decided to move onto titanfall. Wala, instant Wikipedia vandalism via metacritic, its basically wiki vandalism using a large group of essentially biased liars.
    igncom1 likes this.
  4. vyolin

vyolin Well-Known Member

No I did not. You seem jump to conclusions quite rapidly I am afraid. I just wanted to debunk your statement of everything affordable inherently being worth being afforded.
    If I do not like the way a game handles its monetisation I am free to refrain from trying it out, let alone buying into it. Whether I could afford to buy into it or not is not relevant to such a decision.
    I am with you on metacritic, of course, or any score-ridden 'review' out there for that matter. It is a problem of people wanting information condensed into a single number so they do not have to read through half a page's worth of text to see if a game might suit them - let alone compare impressions and opinions from several different sources, gods forbid.
  5. thetrophysystem

yet a twitch stream is a fair and fast way in my opinion to sample a game. Whoever mentioned that.
  6. vyolin

vyolin Well-Known Member

This answer looks thoroughly disconnected to my post. Which does not make it less true, mind you, just a bit rude.