Gamma Build: 63180

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, March 20, 2014.

1. keterei

keterei Active Member

I didn't kickstart early enough to get the Delta, and even I think it's stupid that they made it free. So you guys are in a rut from using the delta for advertising after it could actually be purchased. Okay, well I think that's less of a mistake than sticking it to your backers.. Just start advertising the game with a different commander that is available to everyone- problem solved.

Apart from that small dilemma, the game is developing tremendously. It just gets better and better.
    nick2k and drz1 like this.
  2. wondible

wondible Post Master General

That's what I thought when I saw it, but then I noticed the dev-mode only link on the main page and just scratched my head. Maybe for navigation testing?
  3. nick2k

nick2k Active Member

If you save up for a car for years, purchase it and a car that looks just like it comes out for a fifth of the price wouldn't you be mad? I don't know how money comes for the rest of you but saving $250 while still in high school was kinda hard for me. But you are right. I guess i'll be using the alpha more when the game releases. I still don't regret spending that much for such a great game.
  4. Daddie

Daddie Member

Any eta when the armory will be correct? I am missing some badges like the Kickstarter one (I used the paypal option).
  5. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

mkrater likes this.
  6. Slamz

Slamz Well-Known Member

I think what I'm most interested in hearing about is work being done on the simulation, server-side. It's to the point where I just stopped joining or making larger games. 4-way FFA on size 600 is about right because in larger games all you need is one person to be free to spam T1 units and it will bog down the entire game.

I dunno what's causing it, but if this is the price we pay for formations, I'd just as soon go back to not having them.
  7. pudeldestodes

pudeldestodes Member

is there currently a new build being pushed? got gamma v.63234 ...files downloaded but cant accept disclaimer
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

That is a server hotfix
    dukyduke and pudeldestodes like this.
  9. pudeldestodes

pudeldestodes Member

thx for the fast answer :)
  10. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I don't see how every small decision in this game development is a heated debate.

I reference "cardboard tube samurai" and "battle damaged cardboard tube samurai" for MNC as examples of content with identical theme and such, but distinctly different as one is more prestigeous and visually obvious in difference.

The different commanders are visually different. Those shoulder pieces are huge, how can you miss how obvious that is. Technically, they spell out how they are in the right anyway, the one previously advertized as the kickstarter reward commander, is the kickstarter reward commander, the one eventually made that looks like the same model with adjustments, was not the delta commander and used as public advertizement and is a base commander in the game. Similar looking, they are distinctly different from a long glance, and both are technically correct, the one shown on graphics doesn't have shoulders and one shown to kickstarter backers does, don't be mad you were out-technicality'd or else don't start tossing technicalities first or else make sure your right so it don't backfire.

Generally, I like the shoulder flaps open more, enough where I rank Delta>Progenitor>Invictus. Is it me, or does invictus game model look more open-armpit and possibly shorter/taller?
  11. keterei

keterei Active Member

Don't bullshit me man. This isn't some small detail. How can you really say they are different? I'm not going to debate it, I'm pointing it out as bad business and that's as far as I'm taking it. People payed a shitload of money for a delta commander. Then after they had payed for it, the company made it free. You're blind if you don't recognize that they both have the same shoulders, as stupid a difference that is.
    Quitch likes this.
  12. quevin

quevin New Member

You don't pay you donate as the game isn't finished yet. You kick started donated to get early access. You payed for making this game coming true as company's didn't wanted to support this game. This game wasn't here if nobody donated. Bad business? u are kidding right? ROFL, Bad business will be something else, this is not bad business, but i would donate more money just to get the Delta Commander and support this game even more. Bad business my friend is something that would make this game going down really fast. It's just a bloody commander and YES THEY ARE DIFFERENT!!! They are similar as well. If u don't want to debate u don't want to get into a opinion of someone else. Right now everyone i know that play PA and played the Delta or got the Delta noticed the difference.

And the game isn't about the commander it's about the game. Commanders are just some nice little extra.
  13. keterei

keterei Active Member

The Delta commander was an incentive to donate (pay/donate w/e). Like I said, I won't debate. I already stated that I dig the game. I stand by what I said though.
  14. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Isn't that the problem, though? It seems like the developers unlocked the delta to please the people who were complaining, but anyone who likes the game enough to have actually paid for the delta is less likely to complain so much.
    keterei likes this.
  15. thetrophysystem

No, they are intentionally based off one another. They just are still obviously different from a distant view even. The overhead view makes it even more important that the tops of the shoulders are what's different.

Anyone in-game would recognize "that guys has delta commander" and "that guy has common model". They would never confuse the two in a sleep deprived state. The prestige is still there, I don't see the ripoff in it..
    shotforce13 likes this.
  16. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

So no new "real" patch this week? :p
  17. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Well they did add the Unit Cannon.
  18. keterei

keterei Active Member

Yeah you're right. They can't always please everyone. I didn't want to drag it out into a complaint. It was just an honest opinion.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  19. thetrophysystem

wait, what? The unit cannon is ingame?
  20. nick2k

nick2k Active Member

[​IMG]
    Unit cannon confirmed in game :)