Gamma Build: 63180

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, March 20, 2014.

1. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

Awesome update guys!!! love the way you can enable/disable the multiple planet spawns thank you so much for that I was so worried that we might not be able to disable multi planet spawns during its first iteration.
    strahle and drz1 like this.
  2. cwstad

cwstad New Member

Hi since the latest updates not able to get into any games PVP or PvAI. Stuck on generating planets. Please help
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

remove all mods you might be using
    archcommander likes this.
  4. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

As Colin said, disabling mods should fix this for you. I had the same problem until I disabled mods.
  5. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Please along with the video driver message, Uber needs to add DISABLE YOUR MODS! to the top of the update banner.
    mkrater likes this.
  6. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Don't know if i missed this in previous builds, but seems like my own bots can better self manage themselves and decide to attack ennemies which are not in range. They were really better protecting my base, without any action from myself. Appreciate a lot how you're shapping the game.
    Hopefully rendering engine will be multithreaded because it's stuck on a single core, and there's obviously room for horizontal scalability :)
  7. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

Please tell me Uber is not going the way of the clone army to get the 100 commanders done?
  8. nick2k

nick2k Active Member

I wouldn't mind adding wings to the raptor commander and making a chicken commander.
    keterei likes this.
  9. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

What I have like is that until you can tell the commanders apart at a single glance.
  10. Slamz

Slamz Well-Known Member

When someone times out at the landing screen, the game waits waaaaaay too long for them to come back.

I could have turned off my computer, opened it up, taken out my RAM, looked at it, blown it off, put it back in, rebooted, reloaded the game and written my Congressman about important domestic matters in the time it takes to time out now.
    glinkot, mabono5 and Quitch like this.
  11. Nullimus

Nullimus Well-Known Member

I was most pleased to see a definite reduction in the number of black screen starts with this build.

The game still seems to glitch often when trying to review a game.
  12. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

I have been considering doing this for three months, now I don't know it it's worth it. (Sorry Uber, I know you'd use my money awesomely!)
  13. brantleyyy

brantleyyy New Member

Thats pretty ridiculous that we'd take a $90+ backer reward (that I spent $200 for, literally one of the deciding factors for my purchase,) to make it available to all players no matter what their contribution to the funding. Isn't that a slap in the face to the people that actually supported the game, and backed it when it needed backing? I wanted something exclusive for my commander, so I forked out the cash. If others can't or aren't willing to do so, then they should settle with what they have. Straight from the kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ation-a-next-generation-rts/posts/406071Thats not the invictus, thats the delta.
    ZobiOneKenobi and kryovow like this.
  14. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Making a very close looking version of the Delta is a pretty bad idea indeed.
    cptconundrum and brantleyyy like this.
  15. nick2k

nick2k Active Member

I feel the same way. Shelled out 250 with the delta being one of the biggest reasons.
    brantleyyy likes this.
  16. Zoliru

Zoliru Active Member

Progenitor
    Theta
    Delta
    Alpha

NON of these will be available to players once it goes Live
    some of them not even now...

and you guys gone all mad bicous they created a commander that 85% looks like the Delta ? the commander that this game advertised EVERYWHERE WITH ???? and new player who buy the game expecting to have it ????

realy ?

REALY ???

REEEEEEEEEAAAAAAALY !?
    miturian likes this.
  17. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

It's a forum, so yes we are "hypothetically" mad.
  18. Geers

Geers Post Master General

[​IMG]
    cwarner7264 and igncom1 like this.
  19. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Late to the party! Was away from the internet for a week. Notes to follow!

Unit Changes
    • Added sound and effects to events and movement cues for some units (Transport, Orbital Lander, Torpedo Launcher, Adv. Torpedo Launcher)
    • Anti nuke launcher now has a specific sea model.
    • Anti-nuke missile now has it's own model.
      upload_2014-3-23_20-24-4.png
    Modding
    Folder Changes

• ui/alpha renamed ui/main
    • Except for the _i18n, shared and atlas folders (cursor_atlas, icon_atlas and special_icon_atlas), all folders moved within a sub-folder game.
    • The three icon folders moved to a new atlas folder under ui/main.
    • New structure:
      • main
        • _i18n
        • atlas
          • cursor_atlas
          • icon_atlas
          • special_icon_atlas
        • game
          • <remaining existing folders>
        • shared
        • main.css
        • main.html
        • main.js
    • New scene: blank. This is a template scene that can be used as a starting point for custom scenes.
    Last edited: March 23, 2014
    cwarner7264, Quitch and Geers like this.
  20. doud

doud Well-Known Member

I'm playing on 2 distinct systems :
    system 1) core i5 4 threads / 8gigs / gtx 560ti 2gigs
    system 2) core i7 8 threads / 32gigs / gtx 770 4gigs

With last build, system 2 does not show that much performance when it comes to performance (Well actually it looks like it's cpu bound as before. However is Uber gfx manage to multi thread the rendering part, then we obvioulsy have lots of room for scalability improvement.

With last build, system 1 shows massive improvement. It's not cpu bound as far as i could measure, but obviously gpu bound (still maintaining 20fps with a few drops around 10fps).

I don't know how much optimization can be done when it comes to pure rendering stuff, but oviously the game is getting better and better.

as far as i'm concerned, i hope most of efforts will be spent now on polishing the game.