Gamma Build: 62165

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, February 27, 2014.

1. thunderdzp

thunderdzp New Member

PA.EXE crashes after 'generating planets' completes with this latest release.

On one computer I get this crash every time. I have disabled every mod and even uninstalled mod manager and re-installed the game from scratch. I have also begrudgingly loaded the beta AMD 5800 drivers that were released last week. No help. Perhaps there is a secret to making sure all mods are removed?

My most recent dxdiag file is attached.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If there is a better location to post this I will happily redirect to that location.

As for the game changes that I saw, the lack of pre-loading is a big miss.
    A little confusing how or when the multiplayer games are published.
    Lost friends list with update (prior to my uninstall/reinstall).

Thanks all!
    Thunder

Attached Files:

2. paulusss

paulusss Active Member

From what i can see, everything looks perfect. If it does not work anymore after this patch hhhmmm then that is one great mistery.

To remove all files you must go to C:\Users\"computername here"\AppData\Local (it's a hidden folder the appdata so you must enable to see hidden folders. There are 2 folders there, PA Launcher and Uber entertainment, delete those then everything is gone. But i wonder if that will fix it.
    Last edited: March 2, 2014
    trialq likes this.
  3. thunderdzp

thunderdzp New Member

You nailed it. All fixed. Thank you for this one. I just deleted those two directories and all was fine.
    Thunder
    maxpowerz and paulusss like this.
  4. rkfg

rkfg Member

Well, pathing should be addressed ASAP I think. It was in a poor state from the very start and I still see basic pathing issues which are very frustrating. That's ok for alpha and beta stage but gamma sounds like something very playable and you sure know that pathing is viable for RTS. It should be really flawless because it directly affect gameplay in terms of disadvantage and losing because of a stuck army.

For example, my commander was building MEs and after building another one it couldn't get around it to the next building point moving sideways. There was plenty of space around it, no buildings and everything for at least 5*(size_of_commander). Still it couldn't move around a single obstacle. I was unpleasantly surprised to see him stuck after several minutes because I was sure he's doing his work.

Suggestion: for debug purposes you may heuristically detect stuck units and send back to yourself some telemetric info. For example, if unit is moving && distance to the target divided by the time since the previous waypoint (estimated speed) is less than 5*unit speed (or 10, it's yout call to choose), the unit is probably stuck somewhere.

The point is that it happens even in early game on almost empty base or even near a single ME built in a vast desert so... it couldn't be that hard to fix, right? Just guessing. Otherwise, nice features and everything but please fix these basic RTS mechanics which ruin the game (for me at least).
  5. paulusss

paulusss Active Member

Great, glad i could help.
  6. supremeoverlord

supremeoverlord Member

So the $100+ backers have them?
  7. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

@garat talked about putting this info on the forums.
  8. gamerx112

gamerx112 Member

Everything was fine, the game NEVER crashed in previous builds but this new build that changed the ui of the menu and everything allowed me to open the game once but after that I could never play since the game would crash by stop responding.
  9. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

62165 - More bug fixes, also adds back a sandbox mode for those still learning the game or wanting to experiment with things.

Also - Since the gamma release, if you're seeing lots of additional crashes, PLEASE remove all mods until you confirm they're working with the latest build. While they shouldn't cause crashes, it's the first thing to do to make sure they're not responsible for the crash.
    wondible, drz1, ZobiOneKenobi and 4 others like this.
  10. jkir4n

jkir4n New Member

Same crash...no mods clean install, Did fresh install again and tried but same crash on Mac OSX 10.9.2 when i click play in game. Can see the menu can uses system manager....but can't play..

Attached Files:

11. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Jkir - what system? I was running for about three hours tonight on a 2011 MBP 15" with ATI graphics.
  12. arm2thecore

arm2thecore Active Member

13. jkir4n

jkir4n New Member

i was trying it play on a 13" MBP 2.93 GHz i7 8GB DDR3 i think its mid 2012..
  14. faratheking

faratheking New Member

Hey jkir4n, I was having the same problem. I am using a VPN, and that was the cause. Just turned it off for the game and it worked fine for me (but i don't know the relation between the vpn and the crash). Are you using something similar?
  15. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

wtf a build on a sunday.
    PA Stats keeps working it seems.

*puh*
    proeleert likes this.
  16. b4ttleduck

b4ttleduck New Member

since I installed the latest update, the game crashes after a few minutes when playing in a self made system.
    First the audio shuts and after a few seconds the game freezes.
    (I have no mods installed)
  17. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Please check my signature and upload your DxDiag.txt here.
    cola_colin and drz1 like this.
  18. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I didn't get a single crash during the tournament, and my install is groaning under the weight of mods :). They were all single planet systems though.
  19. b4ttleduck

b4ttleduck New Member

Here is my dxdiag file.

Attached Files:

20. SXX

SXX Post Master General