Gamma Build: 62165

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, February 27, 2014.

1. dMopp

dMopp New Member

My Update(s):
    - Menu Crashes are solved (sometimes still crashes, but not on a regular base anymore)
    - Chat (in game) still not working with default keyboard schema (shift+enter, enter, strg+enter ...) i need to assign it to a letter to chat ingame :( (Maybe its a OSX with german language Bug)
    - Its lagging/stuttering much more since gamma patch (before it was smooth)
    - Fullscreen still not working on 27" iMac (even if selected), always in windowed mode
  2. shadowtagg

shadowtagg New Member

The same thing has just happened to me, got to the 'select course for annihilation and the UI just froze up. 'C' still worked and I could detonate my commander, but I couldn't do anything else!

Attached Files:

morgmir likes this.
  3. naginacz

naginacz Member

From 61250 I experience a black screen after the generation of the planet. F5 helps in these situations.
    Similarly, when the game has finished, and I'm trying to use "Review match", the screen is black. In this case F5 to exit the menu.

I still experience lags above 400 units. It does not help to reinstall the drivers.

Attached Files:

4. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I suspect it's due to the bug where it isn't teching or building factories right, so because it lacks units to fight with it uses the comm.
  5. morgmir

morgmir New Member

Hey all,
    Couple things I've noticed while playing against other players and with AI.

The Economic rate for the AI is gone making them more difficult than desired.
    When hitting the space-bar the game CTD's I've encountered a lot of other players with the same issue or users will say they are completely stuck in the outer rim view.
    Annihilating a planet is completely broken right now for everyone.
    When launching a game through Multi-player it seems that there's a 50/50 chance of it getting stuck on the
    "Generating Planets" screen.
    I've encountered an issue where I've gotten past the Generating Planets screen but all other planets except for the sun are invisible or gone.
    Passwords for servers do not work.
    I know it's still only the second day of Gamma but figured these problems should be brought to light if they haven't already.
  6. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Yeah, I think Sorian has been watching too many of Zaphod's vidoes ;^)
    shadowtagg and stormingkiwi like this.
  7. doud

doud Well-Known Member

And what about the Cosmic Edition ? :)
    I pledged from day one the 250$ Cosmic Edition, but it's not active :(.
    Otherwise, i have the alpha & kickstarter badges and all commanders :)
  8. Xagar

Xagar Active Member

I'm a Kickstarter backer, and I have all the commanders but Delta, but I only have the Alpha badge.
  9. thetdawg3191

thetdawg3191 Active Member

in that respect, i think having the alpha bagde is kind of like having a gold medal. you don't earn all the other medals too, but yours is superior.
    Quitch and igncom1 like this.
  10. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

As far as badges go, I don't think we're done rolling them out yet. Nothing's final yet. ;)
    corteks likes this.
  11. nlaush

nlaush Active Member

Seriously. The planet size needs to be shown in the lobby. I won't play on size 2 start planets. The game ends up being very short before we actually get to any meaningful fight. I have had a couple where I have spawned literally almost right next to the other person! Please fix this soon! :)

The AI needs to stop treating their commanders as Rambo. A single laser tower behind a wall killed three AI commanders only having to be rebuilt once. The AI is too easy this way.

I like the new easy, normal, and hard settings. But I prefer to have the slider/input box like before because I like to set my economic scale higher after AI patches have been done to last a little longer (although it is very easy now that the AI likes to com rush).
    Last edited: February 28, 2014
    stormingkiwi, FSN1977 and morgmir like this.
  12. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

More detailed AI config stuff is coming, this is just to tide people over.
  13. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

[​IMG]

I ask any UI dev at Uber to please open that file right now and move that FOOO line in new_game.js a little bit up.
    Now. Please. So we can be sure it is fixed in the next build.
    DeathByDenim likes this.
  14. dragonzdoom

dragonzdoom Member

Thank you for the Gamma version, since it came I am at last able to play.:D Before now, all I was getting was the bad Windows message, the game stopped working and it closed the game.

@ nlaush

I wish the AI did that in my games... instead they just spread out like weeds over any ground they find.
    Last edited: February 28, 2014
  15. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

I am not a big fan of the new UI, is there any way to revert to the old ui with the build menu transparency. The new ui seems blocky doesn't fix the major bugs I have before including having to use the software-ui. There is no more system pre-loading in the lobby anymore either or it doesn't seem to be working. :eek:

As for the greatest improvement in the gamma build, the music is F#$@king epic, Great job on the orchestral score guys. :cool:
  16. rednirg

rednirg New Member

Since gamma I never finished a game -> always get a disconnection to the server...

Does anybody has the same problem?

------------------------------------
    Update: I now found out that it has to do with an old solar system I made in beta, if I use this one it ends every time with a lost connection (after playing it a while...).
    Last edited: March 2, 2014
  17. supremeoverlord

supremeoverlord Member

Why can't I use all the commanders?
  18. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Some Commanders are exclusive so you won't have access to them all.
    ZobiOneKenobi and igncom1 like this.
  19. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Besides, modding will likely give you them all and more.
  20. jkir4n

jkir4n New Member

im sorry to say this..but I'm getting 100% crashes in my mac..only main menu loads up...I don't think mac version is stable enough to be in gamma because i was not able to play the actual game even once...I'm able to use the system manager, social and armoury tabs but when i click play i just crashes 100% of the time, i tried using using both high and low graphics setting but everything ends in the same crash "CV Display Link". I understand that this has been there for a long time and its still has not been traced down. Im running 10.9 and recently updated to 10.9.2, even before updating 1o.9.2 both in 10.9.1 and 10.9 i had the same crashes. In the same mac with bootcamp Windows 8.1 64 bit i able to play the game properly. I hope that the devs will be able to fix the issues...crash log attached

Attached Files: