Games!

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Geers, March 4, 2015.

1. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Probably this.
    [​IMG]
    :)
    cola_colin, Geers and cdrkf like this.
  2. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

played civ 6 and am enjoying it so far ... despite no ai seems to declare war on me ... then again i am playing on the lowest difficulty ...

one thing for sure: they DO make you think on how to build your cities in this one .. i´ts both enjoyable and a pain
    Last edited: November 6, 2016
    tunsel11 likes this.
  3. Geers

Geers Post Master General

It's not just you, the AI is pants.

They'll other never do anything to you, or randomly denounce or declare war just cus.
    MrTBSC and tatsujb like this.
  4. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

FAF.

the multiplayer is up to 16 players and you can eve play the CO-OP campaign but it's 4 player but you have all missions from the supcom campaign plus all missions from the FA campaign plus a ton of FAF missions.
  5. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Star citizen is good for multiple players, though you all need powerful machines to play it well.
  6. Geers

Won't help until the netcode's fixed.
  7. Geers

Went to PAX Aus. Saw what maight be the most awesome thing in the flucking universe. Gonna use someone else's pics here because mine are ****.

It's a PC

SHAPED LIKE FLUCKING DARTH VADER'S TIE ADVANCED X1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also this angry-looking snowspeeder:

[​IMG]

There was also this BF1 "case" which was basically scenery stuck on top of PC hardware, but it was kinda neat.

[​IMG]
    tunsel11 and stuart98 like this.
  8. cdrkf

That's not what I meant... you need a decent machine to play the current build full stop. frame rates in the pu are fairly low granted, but enough to have some fun. I was playing multi crew on a Connie the other night with a couple if friends and a random in the server who joined in.

If you're a player who can't stand sub 60 fps then don't bother, however personally I'm fine gaming at around 30. each to their own though.

The minimum spec of machine that can play it that I'm aware of is a phenom ii x6, with 8gb ram and a gtx 750 (4gb) card- which is the machine I put together for one of the guys I was playing with the other day out of a load of old spare parts. granted it's fairly old but still a relatively powerful rig...
  9. MrTBSC

if you like digital boardgames gremlins inc is awesome
    tunsel11 likes this.
  10. cdrkf

Well you could always give star conflict a go... it's a f2p combat oriented space sim. the beauty is due to how they tier the ships, you can have fun even with the free entry level stuff and only be up against other players of the same level. I personally find the game most enjoyable around tiers 2 / 3, as it's dynamic and the various ship types are still all very different (at the highest tech levels there's a lot more cross over between classes which I think hurts the balance).
  11. tatsujb

12. tatsujb

13. tatsujb

apparently this is going to be a hellish 2017
    Last edited: November 10, 2016
  14. Geers

So Planet Coaster is pretty great. I mean, I hope so, otherwise what the hell have I done with the last 7 hours...

wiltonsucks.jpg

FLUCK YOU WILTON.
  15. tatsujb

i don't have the money :/

can you share it to me please?
  16. Geers

Denuvo m8.

Not that I condone illegal sharing! Ahaha...

Ha...

FuckingcrackHitmanalreadybecausethatonlineshitisbullcrap.
  17. tatsujb

upload_2016-11-12_17-39-10.png
    I was talking about this kinda thing.

can you sum up very quickly what Denuvo is. ive never heard of it before
    cdrkf likes this.
  18. skyhigh91

skyhigh91 New Member

I can't wait for this:
  19. MrTBSC

so being inspired by a couple of @masterofroflness ´s videos
    i went back in playing a bit of warzone 2100 actualy trying it out more thouroughly this time ..

i`ve gotta say the amount of tech and research you can get in that game is SERIOUSLY nuts ... SE-RI-OUS-LY ... NUTS!!
    but god damn that slow pace .. like .. unless you play teamgames with shared research it easily takes up to 2 hours !!! to research everything .. it helps even less that you are limited in the amount of production and researchbuildings you can have at a time which is 5 per type for research, vehicles, cyborgs and VTOL´s ..
    another problem with the game is that because you have to constantly research every unit you create (unless it´s an upgrade) may become obsoltete rather quickly and unless you have a long list of saved unitcreations this means you have to recreate or edit your units to be apropriate to the combat situation a good number of times ..

so yea .. it has its challanges managing that game ... it offers realy a lot of unit and contructionoptions that IMO easily rivals that of a supreme commander ... but the UI and unitcontrol is just frustrating to handle among other things ..
    it´s realy a shame ..
    it basicaly is kinda like playing supcom or TA (without the commanderunit) .. more about battle of atrition and control of territory with building a big unitcomposition (though it does have a unitcap of 150 i think) .. but either a match takes WAY to long to get to the more intresting stuff from the very beginning or it ends too quickly barely scratching the techtree ...

it´s free you can just try it out yourself downloading it on the warzone 2100 homepage ...

i DO like the ammount of content it offers but the overall pace and bad UI/unitcontrol kills it for me to realy enjoy it
  20. tatsujb

these older games require too much from you at times. I recently played Empire Earth a game I'd never played before by the time I'd gotten to the fifteenth and final age and decided to wrap it up with the AI, 7 hours had gone by!

it's just not reasonable anymore :p
    MrTBSC likes this.