Game Status

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neutrino, October 29, 2013.

1. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Where can I read more about the CNC fiasco?
  2. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

3. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot John ! Much, Much appreciated to have your positive feedback. We're just children waiting for their christmas present :p
    C&C canceled ... This definitly proves that having tons of money, tons of people and a famous franchise does not garantee the game will be a success. I daren't imagine the amount of money which has been wasted... I wonder how all this was screwed up ...
    Last edited: October 29, 2013
    plink and LavaSnake like this.
  4. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

I think we are very relax?
    Arent we!:p
  5. tbos

tbos Member

#1 on steam? holyf*ck good job!

now give us more units :)
  6. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

C&C pretty much ended for me after RA2 it went downhill so quickly after that
  7. slywynsam

slywynsam Active Member

RA2 best CnC NA/EU
  8. bytestream

bytestream Active Member

Thx for the update, I'm really looking forward to that UI stuff.

I agree that some of us, including me, were imagining the worst case scenario for the planed December release. But that was not because we have no trust in Uber, it's because we have seen what can happen if you stop calling a game beta before it is done. It's just a word, and even pointless if the devs continue to support the game after release, but it can still do a huge amount of damage because people easily feel "betrayed" when a released game is not finished.

That being said, keep up the good work.
  9. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

Agreed, when you launch, the gloves come out and you're fair game.
    When MechWarrior Online "launched". There were no new features and shoddy UI.
    And all the major core bugs, broken for ages were not fixed.
    They are still not fixed.

When they launched, they pretty much just took the Beta sticker off.
    That was it.

If you want to see how bad that got, check out the MechWarrior Online forums.
  10. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

thanks for the update. We believe in you.
  11. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

12. chronosoul

chronosoul Well-Known Member

Glad you can put some dry ice in this forum and put everyone's boiling fears at ease.

I don't think any beta i've participated in has had as much developer feedback ( lead developer at that) in creating the game.

Thanks for your time.
  13. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

Honestly, it's just lack-of-patch jitters. That and the balance is probably at a bit of a low point, so it's not as playable as before.
    Now try for 3000 (500/player in a 3v3) live instead of in chronocam. That 1 million unit limit isn't going to reach itself!
  14. GoodOak

GoodOak Active Member

I don't care if the finish date gets pushed back. I'm not the least bit concerned about the game direction either. You guys have always done great work and this is no exception. It's all good.
    archcommander likes this.
  15. tilen

tilen Member

I actually would like to play the game ASAP! :D
  16. vahilior

vahilior New Member

The initial schedule always seemed really ambitious to me, doesn't matter a bit to me if you need to delay it to give it an amazing release
  17. SXX

SXX Post Master General

I don't think neutrino mean you should able to see all 1 million units at the same time. :)
  18. KNight

KNight Post Master General

You say that as if I'd even WANT to work on a C&C mod.......

Mike
  19. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Neutrino: can you blame us for not being able to relax he he we are all mostly die hard TA/Supcom fans & the fate of RTS gaming lies in your hands & PA! Thanks for the straightforward no BS update! Happy to hear PA got #1. Finally a supcom-like RTS is drawing in new blood...Awesome news, take your time & make this game AS UBER AS POSSIBLE lol
  20. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

see this is the difference between working with editors and kickstarting yourself. crowdfunding is the way of the future.

The game was in a good way, I heard it had even started closed beta. so the cancellation can make sense to noone but the editor. Who likely saw some complex numbers on some charts that meant the benefit this game would produce wasn't worth the effort compared to, say, taking all the money needed to publish and market it and use it on another FPS's or fifa's or simcity's marketing. oh and don't forget to blame it on the developper..... because he wasn't making the right game. I'm sure the choice on the "dirrection" of the game was his eeeeeentirely *sarcasm*