Game running less than 1 FPS on an Titan SLI

Discussion in 'Support!' started by oni222, June 18, 2013.

1. Sherrif

Sherrif Member

God, very strange, I would have thought that might work.

I bet you already tried re installing it from a fresh install file, tried running it in compatibility mode for a different version of windows, and admin mode. Have you tried running it with a higher priority or setting CPU core affinity? (I strongly suggest NOT setting its priority to realtime) But maybe even reducing the priority.

People care about you bro, most people here have been on your side of the fence and I know over there I've been tossed aside and left to build my own catapult to get me across. This is a radically strange issue, and at any point in the alpha build it might happen to any of us.
  2. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

Oni, can you confirm if you have tried different resolutions?
  3. lilbthebasedlord

lilbthebasedlord Active Member

4. oni222

oni222 Member

I have tried re-installing. I also tried both the steam version and the non steam. I have also installed it on my SSD and on my HDD.

I run my computer with UAC turned off, I also tried every compatibility combo I could use.
    I will try the higher CPU priority now.

Also I really appreciate every single one of you! Your all extremely helpful and Thank you for helping out!
  5. oni222

oni222 Member

I have not because I really do not want to break my Surround setup but I will end up breaking it just for the sake of testing it out. Although if that does fix it I will not remove my surround screen setup just to play.

EDIT: THAT FIXED IT sorta :(

The game runs just fine on 1080 resolution but that fix is unusable to me since my entire computer was built for my 3 Dell IPS screens.

So the issue is definately something to do with Nvidia and PA. It seems that the client has some SERIOUS issues with multi screen surround resolutions.

The resolution of my setup is 3830x1920, I hope that helps,

Too bad that I won't be able to play the game until this is fixed but at least the mystery was solved!

Thank you everybody for your help you guys rock
  6. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

I was pretty sure it was a resolution problem! Glad to help narrow it down. Now it should be easier for them to help you get a fix.
  7. oni222

oni222 Member

Indeed! Thanks or all your help and hopefully now they will be able to recreate this issue on their test machines at work.
  8. oni222

oni222 Member

I was hoping I would get a reply here regarding this issue during the week but it seems that the weekend is here and nothing.

I do not expect a fix overnight but it would be nice if somebody from the dev team would acknowledge this bug.
  9. ycnz

ycnz New Member

Out of interest, how are you doing the multi-screen display? Is it one large display, or just stretched across windows?
  10. oni222

oni222 Member

Well both your descriptions are the same :p

Basically Surround setup means that all screens run as one big one. Surround is Nvidia's version of ATI's eyefinity.

Think of it as a Video wall. Many screens running as one big tv.
  11. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Almost everyone in the office uses at least two monitors, but usually two 24". There are a handful of 30" monitor users, though they're generally just one monitor users. Basically when we setup the office we asked people if they wanted a 30" monitor or two 24" monitors. As I said before no one is using SLI or even multiple video cards, so we haven't seen the issue you're seeing in the office yet.
  12. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

I don't think its multi-monitors but the resolution that is the issue, or are people at uber playing at his rediculous res?
  13. oni222

oni222 Member

With computer screens being so cheap these days just about anybody can run a surround setup. The issue with gaming is that you cannot run a 2 screen setup as surround because the bezel will be right at the middle of the screen where your main character/unit/crosshair is.

usually the setup is a three screen one but I used to run a six screen using cheap low end monitors. I ended up selling those when my daughter was born but I bought three IPS screens to take their place.

Most 3 screen setups use three cheap $50 screens so at the very least you guys should have a three screen setup.

Or just borrow three 30" monitors for a few hours to test the issue and then return them to your fellow co-workers :p

PS: One titan can easily drive three monitors you do not need an SLI.
    Last edited: June 29, 2013
  14. oni222

oni222 Member

I did more testing with resolutions.

It seems that the issue is more regarding aspect ratio's versus just high resolutions.

The reasoning behind that is that when I use a resolution set by nvidia's bezel compensation 3830x1920 the game acts up and does not respond.

When I dropped it to my max resolution without bezel compensation (3600x1920) then the game responds much better. That being said it only runs at 11-15 FPS but at least it does not lock up every second.
  15. oni222

oni222 Member

So no response all this time...............
  16. SXX

SXX Post Master General

What response do you want to get?

People basically doesn't have SLI and dual-monitor setups. And even on high-end card performance isn't enough for testing.
  17. mylon13

mylon13 New Member

While I understand your frustration, these are so rare cases, that it will take time to get this resolved.

Not sure what status OpenGL has with Nvidia Surround or AMD Eyefinity, in how far its working, and how great it's working. What I do remember from Eyefinity from a buddy of mine, is that unless AMD states the game is supported, (which make me feel like they add something extra in the driver) he only had issues getting those games to run on Eyefinity. (some worked, though usually with worse performance than normal, but most just didn't at all) Hopefully one of the Uber devs how is having their fun with OpenGL will be able to comment more on this.

Next off, I don't know how far the game goes in supporting resolutions, but these are the type you only see the top 1% of pc's using, the fact that the game is even willing to load is a feat. Beyond that we gotta keep in mind that they haven't done any performance tweaking, which may very well be the exact issue your having. (just speculating here, could of course go either way)

But of course you know all this stuff, so the only suggestion I can make, is keep playing at a regular resolution for now, (like 1920x1200) and try to update the thread with as much details of differences in performance between reso/settings so the Devs will have as much as possible to go on, when they finally get the chance to look into this. From what I've seen from the Uber devs, they'll get around it, but for now they are more focusing on getting everything in-game and working, rather than performance tweaking and making sure the Uber resolutions are working just as well as regular resolutions.

Edit: Reading even more in the thread, the combo of issues with Windows 8 and SLI has not missed my notice, (to much threads about them appearing) apparently the combination of these two, is making things even worse. I feel very sad for you not being able to properly play the alpha, but I'm afraid till they bring some Windows 8 and SLI tweaks out, its gonna stay this unplayable way :(
  18. SXX

SXX Post Master General

OpenGL have nothing to do with Eyefinity or Surround, it's only used for rendering of frames. If you "ask" it you might render big or small frames, but renderer never know how you will show them.
  19. mylon13

mylon13 New Member

Thank you, learned something again today :D
  20. oni222

oni222 Member

Monitor screens go for 50 dollars and the majority of people have at least two screens.

As far as SLI and Crossfire most people get two medium end cards and pair them. I do not expect people to buy Titans but none the less your point is moot.

As far as a response all I hope to get is a "we are looking into it" or "we managed to replicate the bug" nothing more.

Especially since anybody using a surround setup can replicate this issue. I managed to do it on my 580 and got the same issue.