Game not reaching full potential

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Davy o, February 27, 2011.

1. ohknee

ohknee New Member

I bet you can't deal with my Komachi's J2A cross-ups broski.
  2. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

another pointless thread
  3. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Nothing is as easy as beating n00b shotos, but I bet I could still do it.

The thing I hate about n00b shotos is that they wouldn't piss me off if they would just:

1) play a different character. Even if they are the same skill level and using repetitive tricks, at least the tricks are different and not the most common crap ever.

2) play the same character better. At least attempt an understanding of all the moves and punches, and learn how to just block, before trying to play by spamming shoryuken. How do players that constantly spam shoryuken play with each other? If I played against one, and that is what I did, I would wake up to what stupid crap I am playing.

3) Use the same strategy with a better character. If you are only going to use shoryuken over and over and over... then it shows a better understanding of the game to use Fei Long or Cammy. Their substitute for shoryuken doesn't get your ankles kicked out from underneat every time you abuse it (though it still can hurt).
  4. eternal

eternal New Member

Actually I do know this was a mistranslation, and I intentionally used it because of that. I used it because you insist on acting like this game is street fighter for some reason.

I also know that this mis-translation led to famed Shen Long EGM april fools prank.

Also: There is FOURTY PERCENT difference between juiced mortar and headshot. Thats a lot more than "pretty close" You wouldn't say it was "pretty close" if you were missing 40% of your paycheck would you?
  5. Goose

Goose Active Member

I'm better than all of you at Street fighter, shut up. :cool:

Also, Bro, you bring up SF WAY too much. nobody besides 3 board members would get it.

Also, Cammy's DK is far superior to any SRK. It gets much better horizontal range and the hitbox stays out much longer.
  6. Runie

Runie New Member

On topic: You're mistaken if you think assassin is a no-skill class. If you're fighting no-skill assassins you should have no trouble killing them constantly.
  7. Mastah

Mastah New Member

Only annoying thing with sins is when they clearly stand in front of me and still I get backstabbed.

Damn lag, I hate you... :(
  8. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Well, it works both ways. When I lag just a little I can pretty much forget playing Assassin. Grapples just won't connect... :(
  9. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

I can vouch for this. IMO ping is even more important as sin than sniper. With sniper you can lead, sin - no such thing, you have to be right on top of your target.
  10. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Sniper doesn't depend on lag in this game whatsoever, I sniped for well over 200 hours and a hit is a hit and a miss is a miss.
  11. Espiodude2

Espiodude2 New Member

I'd hate to be the other players, seeing a stuttering sniper who can headshot you, even when you go behind a wall must be rage inducing.
  12. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Sorry to disappoint you but my targets die on the spots and my general latency is below 40, played on american servers during beta and targets still died on the spot.