galactic war planetary invasion strats?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by toric55, July 16, 2014.

1. toric55

toric55 Member

ok, i am on the final boss for galactic war, and there are 4 equally sized planets, all of them were spawn able. i have taken over tow, and completely fortified them. (umbrellas everywhere, and i don't think that the AI knows how to do astreus d-day invasions) anyway, it seems that the AI is covering his base with anchors, and maybe a few umbrellas elsewhere. as for tech, i have basic orbital, complete vehicle, artillery, and advanced defense. (and the fabber booster.) so what would you suggest? with those techs, and no eco limitation, (i have 2 planets covered with advanced and normal mexxes) how do i invade a reasonably fortified planet controlled by the AI?
  2. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Figure out where the commanders are, spam Astraeusii, spam Vanguards, plop 100-strong group on his head and hope for the best.

Or...

[​IMG]
    mjshorty and spicyquesidilla like this.
  3. toric55

toric55 Member

ok, vanguard seems good, would have already used nukes if i had them.
  4. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Even if you don't get the commander you'll end up decimating the base after a few waves so you'll win sooner or later.
    drewsuser likes this.
  5. byte01

byte01 Member

Build orbital fabbers, like 30+, then install a beachhead by spamming anchors in an area that isn't covered by umbrellas. From that point on you can also work with the teleporter. Works pretty good for me anyways.
  6. onyxia2

onyxia2 Member

Meh I just faceroll though a absurd level galactic mode with 8 sub commander LAWLs, unfortunately its unwinnable cause of yet another bug... orange faction leader is on a star that has no path leading to it, what bullshit!! (also I do have nukes)
  7. toric55

toric55 Member

look at the techs i have. i only have access to the orbital units provided by the orbital launcher, minus the fabbers.
  8. byte01

byte01 Member

Sorry, wasn't sure whether basic orbital included the fabber or not. It's rather unintuitive IMHO. /apologize.