Galactic war is still unplayable

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by fine, February 13, 2015.

1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

There was never going to be a narrative, we all knew that as that's what the Kickstarter said, narratives and a sequence based game kill replayability and are expensive and time consuming to make.

Personally I just want a system like Star Wars: Battlefront 2's Galactic Conquest mode. And you sort of get that with a certain GW mod that makes tech in systems always visible, so you choose which to attack first for what gain, adding more depth and strategy to the mode.
  2. blightedmythos

blightedmythos Active Member

No when GW was first release you did not start with any orbital units what so ever. You could get stuck on a planet with no way off. That's sort of changed now but it's crazy to think it was ever even possible. It's like the devolopers didn't even play test it before release.
  3. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I'm pretty certain you had the astreus.

Besides when GW was first put in it was what? Gamma? You do realise were the ones that were testing their stuff at that point...
  4. blightedmythos

blightedmythos Active Member

I distinctively remeber no transport because my buddy had the same problem at the time. Even if we are testing for bugs major issues like that should be caught before release. Add to the fact that it wasn't adressed for a long, long time. Even now it's barely adressed.
  5. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

Eh, it wasn't a bug, you could always see your techs and you could always see what kind of system you where attacking. If you had no orbital but you attack anyway, thats poor play and you die.