Galactic War "Go to war" button faded out

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Auraenn, February 18, 2015.

1. Auraenn

Auraenn Active Member

I'm unable to play Galactic War because of the button being faded out and just not working. I'm not really sure why this is happening. Any ideas?
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Sounds like you don't have the local server on and PA is unable to connect to the Internet. Is the Galactic War button the only button that is greyed out? The local server is automatically disabled if your computer has less than 8GB of memory or less than 4 CPU cores (or if you are using 32-bit Windows).

Are you able to play on-line with the Multiplayer -> Custom button?
  3. Auraenn

Auraenn Active Member

Odd, considering I have 8 cores and 16GB of ram. I did come across this when I tried to access the servers though: "No connection to PlayFab servers was found. New games will be hosted locally."
  4. DeathByDenim

Yeah, that is odd. Is the "AI Skirmish" button also greyed out?
    In any case, something seems to be interfering with PA's ability to connect to the network, be it localhost or the Internet. Could you try disabling all of your firewalls/virus scanners as a test and see if it works then?

If that doesn't work, could you check this list for software known to cause trouble?
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/233250/discussions/2/558751813508748383/

And if that doesn't work, can you post your PA / server log? You can find those in "
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\log". On a typical install %LOCALAPPDATA% will be "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local". Just delete all of the logs there, start PA, observe the greyed out buttons, close PA and upload the newly created log files here.
  5. Auraenn

Auraenn Active Member

The AI skirmish button was not faded out and I was able to launch a game just fine. I also don't use any firewall type things. I did notice that I have MSI Afterburner which causes some issues with PA but I uninstalled it to see if that would help and it didn't.

Attached Files:

6. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

On PTE? I hear the devs say PTE don't run GW this build.
    Auraenn and DeathByDenim like this.
  7. DeathByDenim

Yup, you are correct. From the PA log:
    Code:
    [21:54:34.000] INFO build version 78264-pte, id 2015021778264

@Auraenn : See this post from jables about it: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/pte-build-78264-pte-now-up.67988/page-8#post-1070158

By the way, when you have issues with the PTE (i.e. Public Test Environment), it's best to report it in the thread that jables opens for those in the General Discussion subforum. That's what the developers watch for newly created bugs.
    Auraenn and thetrophysystem like this.
  8. Auraenn

Auraenn Active Member

Alright that solves it then. Thanks dudes.
    thetrophysystem likes this.