Galactic War Galaxy should be like in Spore

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by core188, June 4, 2014.

1. greendiamond

greendiamond Active Member

which is what i was about to say. the concept might have been crap for what they where going for it would look great for what we are going for.
  2. fouquet

fouquet Active Member

the main problem maxis had with spore was putting all the stages in one game.

if they had made cell + creature as a single game and made it sexy it would have generated revenue and hype.

then they could build tribal/civ then solar/galactic.

the game that could have been the best thing ever ever was killed because a combination of stupid penny pinching producers and a **** business plan.

as my parents used to say, dont bite off more than you can chew and chew the whole bite before you swallow.

I wish i could sell my GDD for spore 2: the actual evolution simulator
  3. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Planetary Annihilation has never strived for realistic scales, or rendering of hundreds of planets, let alone hundreds or millions of stars. We're trying for thousands of units on a handful of planets. One of the amazing technical requirements for Spore was near instantaneous generation of planets, which is another thing we never had on our list of requirements. It is however why Spore can do what it does with respect to the seamless traveling between millions of planets.
    drz1 likes this.
  4. fouquet

fouquet Active Member

I think you misunderstand we want the galactic war to be on spores scale and more complex, not a playable map the size of a galaxy.
  5. verybad

verybad Active Member

Oh no arguments that the implementation sucked. The IDEA (ie what we initially saw) was great. It's a tragedy, because it could have been a great game if they did what they said they wanted to do.
  6. nawrot

nawrot Active Member

We do not ask for instant travel and planet generating. Instead we ask for epic size of galaxy, something to make galaxy war longer and bigger than just few stars with lines.
  7. Going4Quests

Going4Quests Active Member

I agree with everyone for bigger galaxies. I had so many units the server could barely hold it and it was way too crapped. When i heard of the Galactic Wars i also expected epic size maps like in Spore, because it is a GALACTIC wars and not SOLAR SYSTEM wars :p