Galactic War: Build 70289

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, August 10, 2014.

1. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

in 2 of my 2 games i wanted to use a asteroid smash the game crashed when selecting the target...
  2. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

I love the new player colours in the credits GW campain. The Kickstarter backer green colour especially, it looks really alienish.

The credits in galactic war could use some new system layouts though. All systems have a few planets in the same orbit and sometimes an asteroid further away or also in that orbit. I don't know if this is in the normal galactic war as well.

Edit:
    The AI got stuck after walking into this position. I'm sure he walked, or rolled in this case, because he had some powerplants and metal extractors elsewhere.
    [​IMG]
    Still love the colour ;)
    Last edited: August 18, 2014
  3. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

Yeah, the army colours in the credits are cool.
    [​IMG]
    stuart98 and Remy561 like this.
  4. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Just to point out, avengers still dont attack, you have to set them on patrol or manual make them attack the enemy, Its really a pain in the ... ;)
    aevs, liltbrockie and mot9001 like this.
  5. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

I use this to my advantage when invading another planet...
  6. Remy561

I had another case of a 847ms taskplanner in the sim. Do I have to report this problem or is it solved already?
  7. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

No new PTE thread Garat? :)
  8. Remy561

Since there is no PTE bugreport tread yet I'll do it here:

The game throws the victory/annihilation screen in my face every 5 seconds... Don't know how I caused it, I only know I was rushing trying to send my planet to annihilate another player. So it could be because of a lot of menu clicks.

Also, metal crater still missing. Hope this gets updated before release because the metal planet crater looks AWESOME!!
    liltbrockie likes this.
  9. WaylanderPK

WaylanderPK Member

I've changed Operating Systems to Ubuntu 14.04 (to fix another issue I had with hdmi switching) but now PA hangs.
    Running Ubuntu 14.04, with the experimental additional drivers for my AMD 8600M.
    The problem comes when the following message shows
    "Starting async parallel for driver with 6 threads"

Everything else I play seems to run fine (X-Com, Civ 5) so I'm pretty sure the drivers running fine. I have tried both the Steam version and the PTE download.

I was wondering if anybody else had the same problem and if there was a work around? Is it perhaps linked to the window manager (compiz)? I'll try using a differnt Windows manager and see if that helps but any other suggestions would be welcome :)
    Code:
    peter@Talesian:~/Games/PA$ cat ../../.local/Uber\ Entertainment/Planetary\ Annihilation/log/PA-14-58-04.343.txt 
    [14:58:04.351] INFO Log file /home/peter/.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/log/PA-14-58-04.343.txt opened
    [14:58:04.432] INFO Loading mod : server_browser_show_cheat_servers
    [14:58:04.448] INFO LoadedLocalModCollection::loadLocalModCollection: Failed listDir call for "/home/peter/.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/mods"; no mods will be loaded from this path
    [14:58:04.448] WARN LoadedLocalModCollection::loadLocalModCollection: Could not open /home/peter/.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/mods/mods.json file; mods will not be mounted
    [14:58:04.448] INFO Client loaded 1 mods, mounted 0
    [14:58:04.499] INFO Loading mod : cheat_allow_change_vision
    [14:58:04.499] INFO Loading mod : cheat_allow_create_unit
    [14:58:04.500] INFO Loading mod : cheat_allow_mod_data_updates
    [14:58:04.501] INFO Loading mod : cheat_allow_change_control
    [14:58:04.501] INFO LoadedLocalModCollection::loadLocalModCollection: Failed listDir call for "/home/peter/.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/server_mods"; no mods will be loaded from this path
    [14:58:04.501] WARN LoadedLocalModCollection::loadLocalModCollection: Could not open /home/peter/.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/server_mods/mods.json file; mods will not be mounted
    [14:58:04.501] INFO Starting async parallel for driver with 6 threads

Code:
    peter@Talesian:~/Games/PA$ fglrxinfo 
    display: :0  screen: 0
    OpenGL vendor string: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    OpenGL renderer string: AMD Radeon HD 8600M Series
    OpenGL version string: 4.3.12798 Compatibility Profile Context 13.35.1005

Code:
    peter@Talesian:~/Games/PA$ inxi
    CPU~Quad core Intel Core i7-4702MQ CPU (-HT-MCP-) clocked at Min:800.000Mhz Max:900.000Mhz Kernel~3.13.0-35-generic x86_64 Up~10 min Mem~1404.2/7711.2MB HDD~1750.4GB(43.0% used) Procs~248 Client~Shell inxi~1.9.17

Attached Files:

10. gerii

gerii Member

Those graphic drivers are nearly half a year old. You should download the newest beta drivers from:
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Linux x86_64
    You can install them by running:
    1.) Install all dependencies for creating the package (I hope those are all now, only needed the first time):
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install build-essential dh-modaliases execstack debhelper xserver-xorg-dev
    2.) Create the driver package:
    Code:
    ./amd-driver-installer-14.20-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Ubuntu/trusty
    3.) Install the created packages:
    Code:
    sudo dpkg -i fglrx*
    Last edited: September 4, 2014
  11. WaylanderPK

WaylanderPK Member

Thanks. I should have noticed that.
    Totally fixed the problem.
    Last edited: August 30, 2014
  12. ottovoncheesebiscuit

ottovoncheesebiscuit New Member

So those mostly worked. I had to install "debhelper" and "xserver-xorg-dev" packages also in order to make the AMD installer work.

The AMD installer threw out some errors too, but that didn't seem to hurt anything.

The game now starts with the --software-ui setting.

Thanks!