Galactic War: Build 69721

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, July 26, 2014.

1. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Not sure why you think this way. I only need to very first part of log (OpenGL context information) and it's can't be affected by mods.
  2. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

Still I went and launched again without mods and surprisingly my render time was even longer. Radius 600 Earth planet took so long to render that the timer was showing 4 minutes and 40 seconds before I was able to do anything. I'll go pull the logs now and upload them to your topic.
  3. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

the travel time for the Astraeus is really really slow in this build, took my commander 10 min to get to another "system"
    Remy561 likes this.
  4. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Minor thing: when viewing a replay, the spectator panel isn't down by default. It should be.

Also, there's some minor spacing issues with the spectator panel.

Attached Files:

5. aevs

aevs Post Master General

There's a problem with the player 'banners' page. I started a match, had someone join, they hit ready, I hit start, the banner page popped up... but we never moved on. Then I saw they were changing their commander and their colour (the changes were visible on the 'banner' page), so clearly they had unreadied or disconnected and re-connected.
    So I was stuck at that page, the game was still technically in the lobby, and I had no way of leaving that page. couldn't go back in any way without quitting the game.
    cptconundrum and stuart98 like this.
  6. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Units stuck in teleporter, had to destroy them.
  7. Vernam7

Vernam7 Member

amazing build! the multithreading really shows up, and i cant wait to see the next step towards performance!

now before i submit those i must first ask and verify if they are ineed bugs or allready known issues or "not a bug but a undocumented feature" :p

1)so is it normal that some trees and metal are located into water? or even i can build in the water non naval stractures?

[​IMG]

2)so snow textures are going "black square" in a certain level of zoom. (i have AF x2 on)

3)i lost a game from the AI, and in the score, box or graphic statistics screen the winner was blank. "Winner:"
    when in the sumarry screen the Winner:AI commander name was properly visible.

thanks
  8. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Stats map to tab by default, but for some reason tab doesn't bring up stats. If I remap it to another key, such as ";", it works fine.

I disabled all mods and still had the issue.
    Last edited: July 28, 2014
  9. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

I can confirm I have had this happen as well.
  10. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Keep in mind - if you need to test something without mods, you don't have to do anything except launch pa.exe with --no-mods. This allows you to quickly check out any number of things, and no mods, client or server, will get loaded.

Re: random systems; Those are still based off of templates, so teh one you saw with a moon with no metal was intentional system design. That moon is purely intended as a secondary base or weapon, not a resource ball.
    aevs and Vernam7 like this.
  11. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

I played a few matches last night, and I noticed that sometimes, vehicle and bot fabricators stop taking orders completely and won't even budge. This is a very bad bug as it leaves them completely vulnerable to attack.

The only workaround was to build Pelicans or Astraei, transport them to another location, unload, and move them. After that, the fabricators obey orders just fine. Air fabricators don't have this problem.

P.S: I tweaked some settings in the Nvidia Control Panel and changed the ingame graphics settings until I got playable frame rates.

As it turns out, FXAA caused major performance problems on my machine, even though my graphics card supports it. Also, turning off V-sync in the NCP caused screen tearing.

Same here. Had to kill my units manually due to a bad teleporter glitch. But last time I checked, it only happened to Shellers (artillery units). Does this affect any other land unit?
  12. SXX

SXX Post Master General

You should make sure AF not enforced for PA because it's always caused issues.
    Enforce setting via driver for PA is always bad idea.
    kjotak109 likes this.
  13. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

Speaking of stats, you remind me I noticed the most little bug that could be found in the whole game.
    In the graphs, you can select / unselect players curves with checkbox.
    Guess what, if you un-select a player, there was no way to re-select him by clicking on the checkbox itself ! (But in the whole cell it was OK, took me some time to figure out)
    upload_2014-7-28_19-45-2.png
    ie, inside red => NOK, inside green (excluding red) => OK
    lokiCML likes this.
  14. Vernam7

Vernam7 Member

hmmm i will try that,

speaking of graphics, i also think would be nice if we have a Vertical Sync checkbox in the game settings/graphics section to make the game run smoother....:cool: and not forced by the VGA driver.

p.s is there any PrintScreen Control ingame now guys?
    Last edited: July 28, 2014
    kjotak109 likes this.
  15. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

I'm finding that there are more terrible spawns now in the automatically generated maps. It is getting very common on 1 map 1v1s for me to have a starting area with just 1 mex. Quite often both choices are just 1 mex which is terrible!
    FSN1977 likes this.
  16. aevs

aevs Post Master General

I'll just leave this here:
    tollman likes this.
  17. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

Got a crash during a GW game, another odd occurrence was that my units werent attacking anything with the normal right-click move command, i needed to either specifically right click a unit to attack, or give them an attack move command, otherwise they didn't fire at anything.

I'm also getting a lot of weird jitteryness and artifacts (mostly in the form of stuttering black triangles) but only when the PiP is open.

Attached Files:

18. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Build 69721 Changes
    • Does not contain the PTE changes from 69672-main
    • Only binary changes (see original post for description of fixes)
    Last edited: July 30, 2014
    stuart98 likes this.
  19. iacondios

iacondios Active Member

This patch absolutely crippled the game for me... lobby bugs where people disappear from the list and teleport in and out of the spectator slot, and once the game did start, the sim runs at 2 to 0 FPS. Created a system in the system manager with 2 sets of planets on a collision course and a 5th lone planet, 3 teams of 3 shared, start anywhere enabled.
  20. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

I actually love where you're going with single metal spawn points and metal scarcity on the "random" templates.

Forces expansion and conflict. I's great fun!
    tollman and Quitch like this.