Galactic War: Build 68767

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, July 2, 2014.

1. nathan173ab

nathan173ab New Member

LoL I noticed you copied the same thing I said but with a different setup. For awhile it seemed I was the only one having this problem. Hopefully it's related to the Coherent UI issue and will therefore get fixed when that does.
  2. freelikegnu

freelikegnu Member

Wow, thats good to know, I thought there was an improved AI and I was just playing very badly against it. However, playing against other players I do not have this excuse ;-) Or please tell me that I have to adjust their resource levels when starting a Multiplayer game! ^^

3. rockobot

rockobot Member

Oh,

This thread explains nicely why normal AI started wiping the floor with hard AI that I would put into my game.
    Last edited: July 7, 2014
  4. SXX

SXX Post Master General

That moment... :D

Code:
    i@ubuntu:~/.local/Uber Entertainment/PA/PTE_2$ ./psmem CoherentUI_Host
    Number of processes = 36
    Memory usage per process = 65.6328 MB
    Total memory usage = 2362.78 MB

i@ubuntu:~/.local/Uber Entertainment/PA/PTE_2$ ./psmem PA
    Number of processes = 1
    Memory usage per process = 2082.61 MB
    Total memory usage = 2082.61 MB
    PS: With --software-ui average memory usage is about 200-250M lower.
    Last edited: July 7, 2014
    Mooninaut likes this.
  5. Azkanel

Azkanel New Member

:) i haven't enough english skills to express by my self and i have the same problem than you. Even more, the game eat my 8GB of RAM and 3GB of swap memory, but yesterday i can play in windowed mode and low graphycs specs and the computer don't freeze... but , it is necessary 8+3= 11 gb of ram to play?????, i noticed that the game freeze up my computer coinciding with heavy movements of camera rotate with central mouse button....
  6. trialq

trialq Post Master General

Apparently commanders have half the health but double metal cost now. Did this patch introduce that or have I been oblivious for a while?
  7. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Been 12500/25000 at least since the "anit-reclaim" cost increase. I think cost was 5000 before that.
  8. trialq

trialq Post Master General

I could swear that some time ago it was 25000/12500, and now it's 12500/25000.
  9. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

It was 1500 before they made repairing it insanely non-viable.
  10. wondible

wondible Post Master General

68568: text file wise, just what it says on the tin. They also seem to have fixed the crashupload permissions on OS X.
  11. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

How do you send a commander or fabber through a teleporter when the teleporter has damage? A move command? I died because the commander was busy repairing the teleporter instead of using it...
  12. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Use command.
  13. ravenstein589

ravenstein589 New Member

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but I have a few issues and thoughts I've come up with. BTW, Galactic War is pretty awesome! Anyway, I run 5760x1080 resolution and after I win a system, I need to ALT+ENTER to go to window mode or the stats window and buttons to return to the system map do not appear. I also get dashes for everything in that window as well, but I'm not sure if that part has even been implemented yet. I also get periodic UI crashes where the build menus get stuck where they were and will not change based on unit selected. When this happens I usually can't build anything from there on, I haven't tried to hotkeys yet to see if those still work.

I have some other thoughts about the Galactic War mode in general as well. I have not beaten any of the squadron leaders yet so I'm stuck with the vehicle commander. This is fine, but upgrades I find never seem to include basic aircraft tech or advanced vehicle tech. Honestly, I've played several galactic wars and I have yet to see basic aircraft tech or advanced vehicle tech drops. I seem to find advanced bot (and basic bot tech), aircraft, and navy(once and a while basic navy as well) techs just about every war at some point, but never basic aircraft or advanced vehicles. Anyway it seems pointless to find all this advanced tech when you do not have the means to utilize it. Does it have an incredibly low drop rate or is this just not in there or broken? I find that later in the wars when I do decide to take on a squadron leader they always have advanced tech that I have no counters to and end up getting decimated. (i.e. they built a ton of advanced naval ships and the commander is hiding in the water and I have nothing to fight with except my commander which is obviously a suicide mission. I've also ran into a ton of advanced vehicles, aircraft and defenses that seemingly no amount of basic vehicles can defeat) Perhaps there needs to be a drop rate increase in certain techs?

My two cents,
    Ravenstein
    Last edited: July 17, 2014