Galactic War: Build 68767

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, July 2, 2014.

1. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

I have a question about Battleship side turrets: Have they had any bone and animation work done on them?
  2. zweistein000

Also as an AMD HD 4670 user, I can confirm that healthbars, energy bars and progress bars are working now. Still missing are mex icons, celestial movement icons, "N" below the north pole arrow, south pole error and Spawn numbers. Additionally the workaround where you replaced "particle_transparent_screensize_nohdr" with "particle_transparent" in particle.json to see the "N" and spawn numbers doesn't work any more (the game now crashes at launch).

EDIT: The workaround still kinda works, but rather then just changing a line in particle.json you have to edit the effects themselves. I managed to get ping, indicators on spawn points, soutn pole indicator and "N" above the north pole back by editing pole_north.pfx, pole_south.pfx, ping.pfx and landing_zone_label.pfx and replacing all "particle_transparent_screensize_nohdr" with "particle_transparent".

EDIT 2: For some reason only the commander shows progress and weapon reload bars. The fabbers only show health bar and so do units that use the ammo system. Still an improvement over previous patch, if you ask me.
    Last edited: July 3, 2014
  3. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

Fantastic update. First time that I´ve experienced good performance---> Zooming is still a bit laggy, but everything else is OK.
    60 FPS at start---> Huge Bomber Attacks and so on still cause some drops, but overall good improvment---> and no IngameUI-Lag anymore---> and fancy UI-Colouring. And more information. Simply uber-cool!

My Sys: XMG P 502
    i7 3612qm
    16 GiB 1600CL 11
    GTX 680m
    Samsung 830 SSD

HighestGraphicsSettings but ImageQuality is only Normal, no SuperSampling is enabled. My hope for really good performance at FinalLaunch reincreased!
    Last edited: July 3, 2014
  4. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

Testing with lots of units. Server SIM speed seems to be doing better than previous builds. I love how smooth it is for 600 or less units.

What is the largest number of units anyone has tested with with no server lag? Post results! :)

jtibble likes this.
  5. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

They were removed in the latest update, not added as Raven said. They are rigged so I imagine that if you know how to set up an anim tree you should be able to get them to work.
  6. Mooninaut

Mooninaut New Member

7. zweistein000

They weren't there in the previous version. In fact I can't remember ever seeing them.
  8. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

I can report solid performance on the specs below, even with huge armies and several planets it doesn't really dip below 15-20 FPS.
  9. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

They were on the model, but untextured so they ended up invisible.
  10. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Known Issue: It has been discovered if you add an AI to a multiplayer lobby and DO NOT change it's difficulty setting, it will say "Normal" but will actually be using the "Absurd" settings. Changing the difficulty to something other than "Normal" and then back to "Normal" will fix this for now.
  11. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

That explains why I died so hard :rolleyes:
  12. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

I did get a coherent UI crash when setting up a new skirmish game, after selecting a system from the load menu.

Also pelters hit the commander under water. And vehicle fabbers sometimes get stuck between two T1 powergens, and if they are selected along with other fabbers and ordered to build a line of, let's say t1 powergens, the whole queue just cancels 1 by 1.
  13. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

We played a game today with 10 players on 2 smallish planets, not shared army 5v5 and it quickly became unplayable. The framerate gotten so low that we didn't speak of more then 1 frame per second, but rather 0,1 or worse. I am talking lots of freezes, sometimes long, sometimes just half a second. Jokingly we said latest PA update made it a TBS, because it felt like you had a window of time where you could do a few things, and then it froze again entirely, bullets hanging frozen in space and everything, and you had to ''wait for your turn''. Please tell me this problem is going to be fixxed before the weakest link tournament, because hosting, playing and streaming a tournament with these conditions is impossible.
  14. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

Hello,

I would like to say that the new update solved some of the bugs I had in the previous update, but with every new update, there are bound to be new bugs and glitches. Here are some of the new bugs that I found:

- [Link] The build bar sometimes doesn't show up when I click on a fabricator, commander, or factory.

- The battleship does not have cannon sounds when it fires. (Is this a game bug, or did I install my Nvidia audio drivers wrong?)o_O

- I have to log in every time I play the game. Before the new update, I logged in automatically.

- I suffered my first Coherent UI crash (before updating drivers). I never had this problem before the new update. I have updated my graphics drivers already, but I still need to test the game for errors. More info here.
  15. chr1sz7

chr1sz7 New Member

Since getting the update my game seems unable to connect to UberNet (it sits there until it times out). I'm not running any mods, has anyone else been having this problem since the update? I really want to try out the new build :(
  16. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Hilarity ensues! :p
    stuart98 likes this.
  17. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

I was trying to do another difficulty pass (and tighten up the AIs econ) and was curious why a normal AI was playing with the same efficiency as an absurd AI. Glad I caught it so soon after our latest patch.
    Mooninaut and stuart98 like this.
  18. thelordofthenoobs

thelordofthenoobs Well-Known Member

That was absolutely NOT intentional, right ? :rolleyes:

I totally believe that after I saw you posting in that thread where people were quoting the poor noobs in the Steam forums who complained about the AI being too hard :p
    stuart98 likes this.
  19. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Not intentional, yet amusing.
    stuart98 and Remy561 like this.
  20. zweistein000

You should have left it and not said anything. XD
    stuart98 likes this.