Galactic War: Build 67523

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, June 14, 2014.

1. ArchieBuld

ArchieBuld Active Member

I have the same problem. Also, the hotkeys are broken for me. If I use one of them, most of the times the area orders, and even normal clicks won't work. Really weird.
  2. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Oh no, not at all ;)
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Except the new build didn't fix that stuff.

And people are having more issues than they previously did. Like factories not building units.

We canceled the tournament because we couldn't play because it was so buggy.
    stuart98 likes this.
  4. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Armoury got a nice upgrade :) But I cant see if I can get any of the commanders on sale >-< IT just shows the one price.
  5. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Oh AI build teleporters now in stable! Great!
  6. omniusprime

omniusprime New Member

After many hours I finally had started to become reasonably good at the game, occasionally even winning a match. I started to enjoy it very much. I didn't notice the update this evening and suddenly I had a bunch of combat fabbers without any use, had no army to speak off and got overrun by a small force of enemy units.

This might be a late beta but my main issue is the following: Over the last few updates gameplay changes dramatically every time.
    T2 dominance in smaller groups was replaced by T1 ants and inferno dominance in 1000+ unit battles which is now replaced by Bumblebee dominance in 100 unit battles.
    What is the direction the developers want to take this game towards, what's your vision? What is your ideal balance in the final release? Because this is a late beta I expected small balance corrections. I didn't expect to have to relearn this game every few weeks, every time starting as a beginner and having to invest a lot of time to become decent at the game again, so when will we see the main balance outlines of the final product?
  7. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I have a hacked up live game that fixes this. I may see if I can turn it into a mod.

And oh hey... we can post all this stuff in bugtracker now

http://pa.lennardf1989.com/Tracker/index.php?do=details&task_id=3613
  8. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

cptconundrum likes this.
  9. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

I suppose it says something when I am pretty involved in a lot of these tournaments I didn't know about either of those things.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  10. Quitch

We marked our treehouse club "No sorians allowed".
    shootall, Remy561 and websterx01 like this.
  11. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

The game isn't finished and Uber hasn't started focusing on game balance until now.

This stage of development normally happens behind the scenes. We need drastic balance changes to figure out what works and what doesn't work.

Since this game is still in the Early Access stages of the game, we're essentially signed up to be beta testers and help Uber balance the game.
  12. wondible

wondible Post Master General

13. SXX

SXX Post Master General

So I'm allow to spend more time on bugtracker again, so here is tasks closed on bugtracker:
    • PA#1688 - OSX: Screen edge scrolling not working
    • PA#2346 - Full screen not working on Mac
    • PA#2698 - Num Pad Doesn't Work on Mac
    • PA#2802 - False positive feedback for first structure when line build used
    • PA#2963 - If "energy orders" is off commander not producing any metal or energy
    • PA#3482 - Chronocam keeps menu from opening.
      I always think this was intended to be fair, but tatsu proved I'm wrong.
    Last edited: June 17, 2014
    shootall likes this.
  14. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

What you talking about sorian glumpich is in the club?
  15. Quitch

It says no sorians. We're allowed to have one.
    trialq and corteks like this.
  16. nick2k

nick2k Active Member

Love the gorilla tactical missile bot. RIP AA bot :( you were cute, at least in my eyes.

Also for the commander entrance, I like the kickstarter trailer commander entrance better.
  17. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

What bugs exactly showed up in the finals, from a gameplay perspective? I'd like to get those listed so we can work on starting to get them fixed.

As for the timing of this build release, I had a limited window I had available to enable the build, and as Sorian mentioned, I did not know there was a tournament going on, until after I had pushed the build. Unfortunately, I would have only been able to delay another 30 minutes or so, due to a need to get the build live and my own availability.

We have had, at times, 5 to 15 of our hardware servers offline due to the build over the past two weeks, so getting this new build out was a fairly high priority, not to mention the massive changes to perf, balance and other things we need to get in front of the entire audience.

Apologies for any inconvenience this caused, but we really needed to get this build up and running, and I only had a short window I had available to set the build live and validate it.
  18. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

I don't get why they'd do this. It is very odd, but it is what it is, we have to get over it, eh?

Epic Snipe by Garat :p
  19. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

Hey, some of us might be irritated for the time, but it's all good in the end. Any update that improves anything is good enough to delay a tournament over, no matter the prize. The game isn't finished, and you guys own it, so I won't complain!
  20. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Oh I don't think anyone's genuinely mad over it - it happens, it was amusing, and we love you :)
    thelordofthenoobs likes this.