Galactic Clan Wars (GCW)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by icycalm, January 16, 2015.

1. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Unfortunately I'm out of time this evening. I'll hopefully be able to be on the Team Speak tomorrow or Wednesday evening if you like?
  2. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

Tomorrow is preferable but Wednesday is ok
  3. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

We have other players who are willing to help, if you need more. I should probably be able to do so myself if I can have sufficient advance warning. Just let me know what we can do.
    recoil345 likes this.
  4. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

Did anybody think about casting this? As a avid streamer and die hard caster I think it would be really cool to possibly toss a few well known casters into this (Have them assigned to teams) so people could watch it from multiple angles?

-Just a suggestion! :D
  5. K1S3L

K1S3L Member

Can be made system with different size (for 2v2 / 3v3 / 4v4 / 5v5)
  6. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

We plan on letting @exodusesports do the maps for the various, failing that I will leave it to the community
  7. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about my own version of Galactic Clan Wars. Maybe you'll want to implement some of my ideas.

[​IMG]
    1. Object: The Object of the game is to eliminate all enemy commanders.

2. Equipment: Each clan will recive 15 Commanders (from now on soldiers) and several custom systems so that no system is left unclamied or neutral.

3. Setup:

Each clan mark one of their players as Supreme Commander. The supreme commander will be the only one to take decisions on the Galactic map.
    3.2. The Supreme Commander makes a list of his clanmates based on their skill level.
    3.3. The 15 starting Soldiers are given out to the players following their order in 3.2-list.
    Example for a clan with this list of players:
    1.Mike (best in his clan)
    2.Paul
    3.Jon
    4.Ise
    5.Tom (worst)
    Comm1 goes to Mike aka Mike1
    Comm2 goes to Paul aka Paul1
    Comm3 goes to Jon aka Jon1
    Comm4 goes to Ise aka Ise1
    Comm5 goes to Tom aka Tom1
    Comm6 goes to Mike aka Mike2
    Comm7 goes to Paul aka Paul2
    Comm8 goes to Jon aka Jon2
    Comm9 goes to Ise aka Ise2
    Comm10 goes to Tom aka Tom2
    Comm11 goes to Mike aka Mike3
    Comm12 goes to Paul aka Paul3
    Comm13 goes to Jon aka Jon3
    Comm14 goes to Ise aka Ise3
    Comm15 goes to Tom aka Tom3

3.4. The Supreme Commander deploys the 15 Soldiers over his systems at will.

4.Turn Order/Phases:

4.1.Phase1 Movement/Attack:
    Each Supreme Commander can move as many Soldiers as he consider, one or two system steps around his territory. He can also move Soldiers to a nearby enemy system (only 1 step away), this is consider an attack. Once all the supreme commanders have sent their secrect movements, the soldiers of every clan will move at the same time.

4.2 Phase2 Reinforcement: If Soldiers from more than 1 clan occupy the same system, a battle will be assemble. The supreme commanders of the clans with less Soldiers for the battle can choose to reinforce that system with Soldiers from systems without a battle 1 or 2 steps away till the number of soldiers is even with the largest.

4.3 Phase3 Battle!!: A PA match is played on the appropiate system with every player taking care of his assigned Soldiers. Battles won't always be even (3v4, 1v5...) and if a Commander is killed ingame, the same Soldier will be lost in the Galactic Map.

The winner clan takes control of the system and gains 1 additional Soldier independently of the Soldiers lost ingame. This Soldier will be assigned to the player in charge of less Soldiers at that moment.

4.4 Phase4: If a Soldier occupies a system belonging to another clan, he claims it for his clan.

go back to 4.1...

If a clan captures an enemy capital, the enemy clan will be annihilated. All the systems from the defeated clan will go to the annihilators and they will gain a bonus of 5 Soldiers to be given to the players with less Soldiers.