FYI: adding new units and build bar icons

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by Engineer1234, August 22, 2015.

1. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

I was having trouble adding a new unit to titans, turns out the build bar numbers have changed.
    Numbers are now like this:

build bar.png

I was using spot 5 which no longer seems to exist for normal build bars, it does exist however for the unit toolbox in sandbox mode.
    Spot 11 is also not usable, using either of these spots does not extend the build bar, it just means there is no icon to click even though your unit is in the game.

Also the build bar icons have moved, they used to be in \ui\main\game\live_game\img\build_bar\units
    Icons now have to be in the same folder as the .papa and .json files for the unit, which is actually more practical.

The icon has to be named unitname_icon_buildbar.png
    There is also a new file in the same folder called unitname_icon_buildbar.png.settings
    The file contains only one line "copy-png: true" and seems to be identical for every unit I've checked.
    This has to be part of the server mod.

Strategic icons (the ones you see when you zoom out) still have to be a client mod and go in the same place:
    \ui\main\atlas\icon_atlas\img\strategic_icons
  2. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Oh wow... so the last column exists but live_game_build_bar.js has the width for each tab baked in (with the missnamed skipLastRow)