Friendly Reminder About the Incoming Flood of Questions

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by brianpurkiss, August 26, 2014.

1. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Welcome to the club!

We actually have (will have) t-shirts :)
  2. abubaba

abubaba Well-Known Member

I wonder how big of an influx of new users there will be with 1.0.

I can see old users and their expectations being the bigger problem with all the why this why that..
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I know a lot of people have been waiting for 1.0.

So there will be a lot of new players from all of the publicity, and previous who paid but aren't playing will be coming in as well.
    wilhelmvx likes this.
  4. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

[​IMG]

yes, WP, it's fairly obvious..
    Last edited: September 1, 2014
    Geers likes this.
  5. metabolical

metabolical Uber Alumni

Additionally maybe we could refrain from replying to every issue with, "The real problem is <pet issue here>".
  6. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I don't have pet issues. I'd be broke.
  7. aevs

aevs Post Master General

What about a thread specifically for people to talk about their pet features/issues? :D Also, if it turns out a huge number of people care about a specific one, is it still a 'pet' feature?
    brianpurkiss and stuart98 like this.
  8. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I think a lot of that depends on the tone of the title and the wording of the OP.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  9. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

"Welcome among the Uber."
  10. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

then it's a community pet. Like that stray dog wandering around with fleas, worms and bad breath. (Shields, Unit Cannon...)
    tatsujb likes this.
  11. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I agree, the real issue leading to this is.... (Sorry couldn't resist ill stop there) :p
  12. Geers

Geers Post Master General

B-but Indiana Jones gif :(.

I told you we need a "confirmed not-features" thread.
  13. brianpurkiss

We already have that in the form of the confirmed features list. It contains all the stuff that isn't confirmed.

People still don't read it.
  14. squishypon3

I don't think it's stickied anymore?
  15. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

A lot of people do this.

I do this.

I might just be trying to be a hipster here, but I feel I do it differently. I don't target pet issues, just issues I legitimately feel would solve other issues.

Otherwise, I might just agree with the original issue, I tend to do that a lot too, which is how I notice a LOT of people source one issue as solvable through their own.
    No no NO! Why does everyone want to pick on newbies? I said in a recently locked thread, that any rts player that isn't a claud would divide teams up. The response was that "there is no way to divide teams because you don't know how good everyone is".

The answer is simple now that it has come back up: You ask who just got this game. You divide them evenly on teams with your friends you had since alpha. Anyone between those two points, like vets that also suck, divide THOSE evenly or give the enemy 2 newbies for each 1 vet or something.

Which is MORE balanced than a team of 2 excellently skilled players, against 2 new guys over and over again. THAT has to not happen. If you have a friend, it is better to have a friendly versus, than a cooperative stomp.

If you MUST have a coop stomp, do 2v5. You can handle 5 newbies. At least they have more of a chance...

EDIT: OH Wait you mean into forum rules and duplicate threads and newbies, oh that's different, just put up with their questions. I was a new person at the RenX forums not so long ago, had no clue about any of the details and didn't see any details first page. I asked 4 questions first post. 3 were discussed previously. 4th was actually a grey area being discussed right then, which was ranking and career stats, which would be a grey area here even if asked now.
  16. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

It is sticky is part of the The Useful Thread Sticky Compilation.
  17. squishypon3

Honestly it deserves it's own dedicated Sticky as no forum newb is going to look through a thread for a thread. If it was right there in their face they might! But I know this has been discussed into depth in the past so I'd rather not derail the thread. :p
  18. brianpurkiss

it was a joke...
    stuart98 and Geers like this.
  19. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

And we've already told you.... that thread is worthless in terms of accuracy.

None of it applies anymore. If it had had one update just one.... ....but it didn’t.
  20. LmalukoBR

LmalukoBR Well-Known Member

Well there is the lack of a stickie FAQ. Perhaps that would help.