Frequently Asked Questions

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by brianpurkiss, November 29, 2013.

1. xfinrodx

xfinrodx New Member

Any indication when I will be able to host my own server? I think my machine will be able to support large battles more effectively than the shared cloud machines currently employed. We are now in Gamma; I've been hoping for a server binary since Alpha :)
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

We've known since Alpha that we won't have our own servers, just like LAN or offline play, until the full release of the game.
    stormingkiwi, stuart98 and drz1 like this.
  3. simba7

simba7 New Member

I am quite interested in the game, but am wondering what operating systems the binaries will be available for.

I run FreeBSD and Gentoo Linux on my servers (some run FreeBSD, some run Gentoo). I also run Ubuntu and Windows 7 on my desktop. Also, will 64bit be a requirement for the server OS?
  4. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Welcome to the forum

The binaries will be available for Windows, Mac, and Linux also will be 64-bit is required. FreeBSD is not supported. For Mac and Linux specific questions a good place to check out is Mac and Linux Getting Started sub forum or General Discussion. If you don't have access to Mac and Linux specific forum.
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  5. simba7

simba7 New Member

How would one be able to access the Mac and Linux sub forum? I'd like to test this out on both Gentoo and FreeBSD (with Linux emulation). If possible, I'd also like to get ahold of a 32bit binary (if possible) to torture test a couple systems. I have one server in particular I'd love to try this on (HP DL580G2 Quad Xeon 3.0GHz w/32GB of RAM).
  6. lokiCML

From Uber Entertainment Games > Planetary Annihilation > Gamma Issues & Bugs > Mac and Linux Getting Started.:) If you have purchased the game you should have access to it or if you haven't make a thread in general discussion. This isn't the most appropriate thread to have this conversation in.;) Also OP is going to come along and say get off my lawn as he's shaking his fist at us.:p

Here is a link: Mac and Linux Getting Started;)

edit: @simba7, I would check out this thread.;)
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/server-question.54087/
    Last edited: March 11, 2014
    Clopse and brianpurkiss like this.
  7. gui13008

gui13008 New Member

why there is no submarine and sapce canon to pull unit ?

Thank you
  8. brianpurkiss

The purpose of this thread isn't to ask questions. Also, you should search the forums before posting in accordance with the forum rules.

Subs and the Unit Cannon, along with many other units and features, aren't in the game because the game is not complete. They will be added eventually.
    vrishnak92 likes this.
  9. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

10. tatsujb

No metion of the designated PA teamspeak and mumble.
  11. brianpurkiss

What's that info?
  12. tatsujb

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/pa-teamspeak-server.47592/
    not to metion this one : teamspeak.paceleague.com
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/community-mumble.50627/
    and about this: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/frequently-asked-questions.54326/page-8#post-895465

why no metion of the Mods thread for rookies I made?

It's smack dab spot-on the subject.

Plus if you find the text unsuited for rookies looking for answers in some way I'm open to your suggested edits
    Last edited: March 14, 2014
  13. wannabeapilot

wannabeapilot New Member

How on earth do i select the planet i want to start on.?

I made a new system post update. Enabled starting planet on 3 planets. and saved the system

Loaded the system, and i see nothing that allows me to select a diferent spawn planet
  14. brianpurkiss

This isn't a thread to ask questions.

If you need help figuring something out, you should create a new topic.

That being said, I'm gonna make a video tutorial on multi-planet spawns and will be posting it... soon. Would be a nice addition to the FAQ.
  15. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

i noticed that many people are asking invalid questions on FAQ thread, so i ask this question, what type of question is welcomed here, or should be asked
  16. lokiCML

The purpose of a FAQs is to give answers to frequently asked questions. So that the community doesn't have to answer the same questions over and over again.;) As the first sentence of the FAQs states:
    No questions are invalid it is that this thread is not the appropriate place to ask questions its purpose is to give answers. Please search to find a thread to ask your question or create new topic in the relevant sub forum. (e.g. Bugs, issues, or technical problems go into Gamma Issues);)

Some helpful resources:
    Guide - How To Search 2.0
    Use custom Google search feature by typing site:forums.uberent.com [In search what you are searching for here] into the Google search bar. (e.g. site:forums.uberent.com apm) Very useful for three letter searches.;)
    The Useful Thread Sticky Compilation

Something interesting:
    Frequently Given Answers

Off topic:
    A List Of Fallacious Arguments
    Last edited: March 22, 2014
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  17. brianpurkiss

This thread isn't for asking individual questions. It's for providing answers to commonly asked questions.

The most appropriate posts in this thread would be to provide suggestions for additional questions to be added to the FAQ.

If you have a question about the game, then post in the relevant subforum.
  18. LetsOne

LetsOne Active Member

You may want to add that you can now do multiple planet spawns.
  19. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

A question welcome in an FAQ is one where you already know the answer, so you are able to provide the explanation and answer, as well as the question.

As this is a forum, not a verbal conversation, there is no reason why someone asking an FAQ because it should be added to the list can't also supply the answer, or why they don't say 'I think x question' should be added to the FAQ.

An FAQ is not an Ask Us Anything, nor should it be treated as such.
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  20. colinxy

colinxy New Member

can u help me any time i try to launch my game it crashes when ever i ttry to join or creat a game please help i have really been wanting to play this game