Frequently Asked Questions

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by brianpurkiss, November 29, 2013.

1. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

There's currently an issue in the Uber Store where there is no notification when a purchase does not go through. We are working to resolve this.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

Brian where are your links for what brings you to say we won't be able to move large planets ? I thought uber said we could move any planet, even perform a tug of war.

same for capture. it's a valid strategical choice: risk being caught by taking more time but end up with an extra unit or structure, or perform the kill quickly on the unit and structure while you can, at least you get the mass.
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

They were said in some live stream. I can't remember which.

You're right on the "tug of war." If you build a Halley and I build a Halley they'll cancel each other out. When Uber was talking about the Unit Cannon, planet sizes, Unit Cannon only working on small planets, and not all planets being moveable.

Maybe they changed their mind, but that's what Uber has said before.
  4. tatsujb

no okay,

you need to stop stating things as fact unless you find proof, people will believe you when they have no good reason to.

Please, If that's true I want to know, find me the stream and the time. I do it for every statement I claim uber has made.
  5. brianpurkiss

I only have so much time in the day. I simply don't have enough time out of my job, personal life, and all of the already too many hours I invest in the community to re-watch all of the play tests.

I also see little to no entries on the FAQ that don't have a source. Most of the ones that don't have a source don't need a source since they're simply instructions on how to do something.

My post on capturing is "no indication either way." Which means I haven't seen any comments from Uber talking about capturing – so there is no way to provide a source on something that hasn't been said. If you know of an instance of Uber talking about capturing, I'm all ears.

As for planet moving, at this time, we can't move large planets right now. Uber changes their mind all the time. Maybe this'll change. However, I do remember Uber saying that won't happen. In the meantime, I don't have time to re-watch all of the casts nor dig through all of the forum posts. Take it or leave it. I'll edit my previous post accordingly.

What's more, I cannot think of a single instance where I've said something and was wrong unless I prefaced it with some form of "I vaguely remember." Even those instances are few and far between. On top of that, I've proven Uber devs wrong a few times.

So... I'm not sure what the point of you bringing this up on the FAQ rather than in a private message?
    drz1 likes this.
  6. tatsujb

well apparently you have time to spread rumors, how about you spend less time on that?
  7. brianpurkiss

How about you focus on being constructive and contributing to the forums rather than being aggressive.

You also seem to fail to grasp the concept that typing out forum posts can take a minute to a few minutes while searching though the livestreams could literally take all day.

And again, if you have an issue, PM me rather than clog up the FAQ. Especially since one of your arguments had no foundation (since there is no source since Uber has not commented on the topic, which is what I said) and the other argument was shaky at best which I have since altered my post based on your suggestion.
    MrTBSC and drz1 like this.
  8. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

what is PM
    is when you send a message on the a person's profile or when you have a personal conversation?
  9. brianpurkiss

"Personal Message"

A message that is private between a number of forum members.
  10. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

i have an internet problem, the game take a lot of time loading. is PA being optimized for better networking
  11. brianpurkiss

The FAQ is not the proper place to ask individual questions. That's what the forum is for. What's more, that question has been asked quite a few times on the forums.

Yes. It will be optimized to use less bandwidth.
  12. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

I think you need to replace the source for the commentary on factions. It doesn't say Uber's stance on factions in a way that isn't vague and confusing for the new forum member.
  13. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Why is brianpurkiss such a warm and cuddly guy?

Were KNight and brianpurkiss separated at birth?
  14. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

when i updated the game via PA launcher, the launcher tells me update incomplete at the end of the download process, then restart and downloads file that where not downloaded.( this also happen to me when i downloaded the previous build, and the one before it)
    what is i experiencing,i am not sure, to me it seems as a bug or server problem.
  15. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

There is something wrong with the current launcher. You have to click verify files and after does that it will successfully downloaded and install PA.;)
  16. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

If you ever find any issues in-game or with the Launcher, please post in Beta Issues & Bugs
    melhem19 and brianpurkiss like this.
  17. omniao

omniao Active Member

I have a questiom

Does anyone know how to. Make a unit randomly explore?
  18. brianpurkiss

Not really the place for that question.

But if you use the Area Patrol command, it'll do that. Works fine with air units, ground and naval can be a little buggy.
    omniao likes this.
  19. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

will Custom be available to everybody, i watched the February 2/27 live-stream, but i didn't understand what they said about it
  20. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

I'm sorry but this is not the right place to ask a question. Please place your questions in the relevant sub forum. The answer is backers who back at $1000 or more during the kickstarter a campaign. Custom commander is exclusive to them.:)

Thank You,
    brianpurkiss likes this.