[Freeze 49122] Delay between unit command and unit action

Discussion in 'Support!' started by FlandersNed, June 7, 2013.

1. FlandersNed

FlandersNed Member

As a test game progressed, the delay between asking a unit to do something and the unit doing it gradually got longer until the units were not doing things for at least 20 seconds.

Some of them where not even responding to them at all.

I should note that my computer is a high-medium-end build, so I should not be having a problem with unit numbers yet.
  2. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

Re: [Freeze 49122] Delay between unit command and unit actio

This is a known issue and is caused by FPS lag. As a workaround: Catch up with the server using ChronoCam and fast forward!
  3. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Fps lag, i did not get you. Can you elaborate much on this ? If fps is laggy then static units animations should also be laggy no ? Which is not the case. So why specifically with mobile units and why chronocam workaround fixes this ? Thx :)
  4. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

The client is just a representation of what happens on the server, due to the client not having the best performance yet, FPS drops and the like can throw your game out of sync with the server - best noticed when your units start carrying out your orders seconds later.

By opening the ChronoCam, you'll see the server is already at 10:30, while you are playing at 10:15, for example. Skipping forward using the controls will resync your client.

Even if you did not see obvious FPS drops, the more they briefly occur, the more you get out of sync.
  5. UberGaf

UberGaf Uber Alumni

I've also seen this happen a few times when a player's chrono cam was not at 'the end of time'. If commands are taking several seconds to be processed, click the little clock in the bottom right and make sure the slider is fully at the end.
  6. hitorque

hitorque New Member

I have experienced this. Thanks Lennard for the explanation.
  7. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

If you believe it is a problem that deserves Uber's attention as a top priority, consider voting it up here. FS#1
  8. doud

doud Well-Known Member

"the client not having the best performance" => I do not get your point as when this is occuring the client process is only busy at 12% in the task manager. So how can the client be suffering from performance ?
  9. TotallyBananass

TotallyBananass New Member

good to know - i thought i was doing something wrong as it was intermittent. I will try this fix next time.