Free Weekend

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Vlane, March 17, 2011.

1. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

no matter which class i pick, they'll think it's overpowered :(
  2. Kel

Kel New Member

Time for assault, I really DO hate him ... sacrifice my soul for the b00ns :cool:
  3. LTGH0ST

LTGH0ST New Member

before: severs 10-20
    after: severs 130
    i need to tell my friends to get this now!
  4. Wintermute

Wintermute New Member

I think my "be nice" face would be using a vanilla class.
    Either that, or my RoF, Speed, Skill R Support and try get that "20 Hurt gun kills" tag.
    Alternatively, i'd use a non-armour Sniper or Assassin, even though I feel like they're the lesser playable classes now, even on Silver armour. I feel like I need some more Sniping practice.

I wonder how the Australian servers have been affected so far, the recent numbers have been abysmal.
  5. Kel

Kel New Member

Seems many people don't know that there are 2 weapons for each pro. Lots of gunners shooting bots with the minigun and never using the mortar ...

And I tried assault with default gear and I still own the newbgames, I leave for today.
  6. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

Oh god... Oh my god.

Scores:
    40-0
    52-1
    39-2
    18-0
    50-1
    31-0

I'm not even playing seriously, I'm going mortar-only with Gunner! :)
  7. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

I hope at least some of these newbies will seek help or stay despite all your ownage.
  8. vortexcontinuum

After that I went Support and just let things play out. They had started calling me a hacker :/
  9. jAstro

jAstro New Member

I swear I have not had so many people call me a hacker in the whole time i have been playing this game. I finally worked my way back up to 4 stars after my rating mysteriously dropped.

Anyway, to avoid discouraging people from playing the game, i'll be going gunner and deploying in random places at random times for the hell of it.
  10. zanarias

zanarias Member

I was informed by a kind player to "go farm noobs somewhere else," so I tried that but then every round after ended with the same type of complaint.

It also didn't matter what I picked which is even more disappointing.
  11. minic78

minic78 New Member

Even before the free weekend, I saw this a lot. Also saw a gunner juice and try to take out a shaveice with the minigun.

Had an assault ask, "how do I upgrade skills?"
    HOW DO YOU MISS THE TUTORIAL
  12. Arth

Arth New Member

well i hope for the ppl that the new recruits will last longer then the 1's on release.

the lenght is probable gonna be directly related to how much content Uber is gonna add.
    ( also from some other factors but let's keep that aside )

or else we might face a "repeat" from what already happened 1's..
  13. eternal

eternal New Member

The problem is that people choose to NOT play the tutorial or listen to more experienced players. They ask maybe one question about what a specific button is and that is it.

These are the tips I always give new players:

Don't start the game by playing assassin first (so many new players do this and she has a high skill floor.)
    Don't build laser blazers in crossfire (still see a ton of level 1 laser blazers)
    Make sure to kill lots of bots (some people listen, some don't)

The one I try and STRESS to everyone that almost noone listens to:

PLAY A FEW GAMES OF SINGLEPLAYER BLITZ MODE TO GET THE BASICS OF THE GAME DOWN.

This is one I personally did, the first thing after I did the tutorial (which most players skip) was play the 10round single player blitz with each class at least one time.
  14. arseface

arseface Post Master General

I got together some people yesterday and they all seemed to like the game. I know for sure one person is buying it, and a good amount of other people are considering it.

Best part is, someone(not part of the group) started a votekick on a gunner going 40-8. Everyone went, "What the heck? He's just doing well." No rage, no noobish comments.

Best free weekend EVER. Now all I have to do is point them to some of the guides here and they'll be competent players in no time. Competent NICE players. We really need more of those.
  15. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

Sweet man! There should have been a system in place so we could have helped or contacted newbies.

It is a time like this I wish that we had a more informative and easily accessible (and manditory!) tutorial. That and improved voicechat and a chatbox.

The one we have now has good stuff but it only teaches you stuff that wont go as far in crossfire and blitz.
  16. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

I'll just kind of mess around in the middle, maybe kill farming. If they want to go after my MB, they are more then welcome to. :cool:
  17. GheP

GheP New Member

I'm taking the time to venture into new classes. Trying to get better with support is difficult with a team full of nubbies, but it's more fun than rampaging everyone as a Tank LOL.
  18. CrancK

CrancK New Member

need an underpowered class, if only i could be bullseye :roll:
  19. traitormagnus

traitormagnus Member

It's hard to feel bad when people just won't listen or learn from their mistakes. They really weren't even very polite either.

I think the only way to really be a winner this weekend is to not play with them.

Next time maybe Uber could open some servers up in addition to the newbie-friendly ones for 3-stars that give double profile money gain or something. Or go the DOTA2 route with some kind of a mentor system, although that would require a working spectator system first :/
  20. vortexcontinuum

My advice is often met with hostility. :|

Me: Hey, try using your...
    Noob: No