Fps

Discussion in 'Support!' started by southendronnie, June 10, 2013.

1. lilbthebasedlord

lilbthebasedlord Active Member

alright looked it up although you may have butchered the name, your card is of the 8700M "series", the exact model "8700M" (at first glance) should not exist. it is probably the 8730M or the 8750M or the 8770M.

A card with 2 gigs of vram ranging from 650 to 775 Mhz. Probably enough once Pa is optimized, I'm unsure, they probably want something of the 1000Mhz range. but I guess that's close enough
  2. lilbthebasedlord

dude Up top, I'm also a linux fan and am hoping to swich definitely to linux with the release of PA. This is why I must point out to you : UNITY 4.1

Yes ! now directX 11 is possible on Linux, and legally!!

This is why even though i want to play the game on linux I support the idea of DirectX.
    I know OpenGL is great, I still think DirectX is awesomer.

More technical advances to OpenGL, and it may yet bypass DirectX and become the way of the future.

BTW. I'm utterly unable to make a choice. ubuntu, XFCE, or Arch Linux? I want something that's best suited for Unity 4 and wine.

and by the way that MXM 3.0B board is freakin awsome, but why do you choose the laptop way?
  3. lilbthebasedlord

4. menchfrest

menchfrest Active Member

My impression is that while Unity can use DirectX if you want it too, it does not change the fact that DirectX is windows only. And things like wine will let you use directX apps, they are generally far behind.
  5. ilastsamuraii

ilastsamuraii New Member

When you press "p" ingame it shows an fps number. Is that the "real" one? Cause then I never get past 15-20fps. It runs alot smoother so since the last couple of patches.
    Sys: i5 2500k, GTX 560Ti 8GB RAM.
    The cpu seems to be the limiting factor. Graphics card is rarely over 90% used. Any tips how to get a better performance?
  6. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

You get better performance by waiting for patches. ;)
    I tried to play a game with lowest details in hopes it would make 50083 more playable for me, but it doesnt change anything. As in nothing at all. So there is not much you can do I guess, the game is just not finished. It's called alpha.
  7. ilastsamuraii

ilastsamuraii New Member

Yeah I am totally fine with that. Just saw other people on youtube with higher framerates and my pc really isn't that bad so I wanted to know if I missed out on something.
    Just saw one of your games on youtube cola, good job!
  8. YourLocalMadSci

YourLocalMadSci Well-Known Member

I too have the same issue. However, out of curiosity, i put my settings up to the "uber" mode, and surprisingly, the game ran slightly better. Getting 10-12 FPS rather than the usual 5. However, i suspect this was due to a large number of things not being rendered properly through graphical glitches, rather than some sort of paradoxical setting titling. Of course, it's alpha, so I could be wrong.

For reference, my specs are:

Intel Core i5 760 (2.80GHz)
    4 GB ram
    Ati Radion HD 5450 graphics card.
    OS running off an SSD, but not PA (tried it, it didn't do much)
    Windows 7 64bit

Does anyone know if this within the range of specifications that could be expected to achieve reasonable performance on low/medium graphical settings?
  9. masterofroflness

masterofroflness Well-Known Member

Recently I had noticed with each patch my performace gets worse and worse.

system specs :

i5 3570k
    amd 7870