Four Endorsement Slots?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Disturbance24, August 12, 2011.

1. Disturbance24

Disturbance24 Member

I feel that our favorite game here would benefit from allowing pros an additional endorsement slot. I know this may have been mentioned before, but just let argue for it 'cause I'm bored. This new "Platinum" endorsement level would be the equivalent to the current "Gold" endorsement, with the remaining three endorsements balanced accordingly. Four slots would allow for a greater degree of customization. Let's be honest: if your playing serious, you generally only have one "standard" set you can use or else you risk being outclassed. However, four endorsement slots would allow you to mix and match endorsements without sacrificing a solid base.

For example, let's talk about the armor endorsement. With this setup, armor endorsements would probably give you 75, 150, 225, or 300 extra HP from Bronze to Platinum. 150 HP for Silver isn't to far away from the current 200 (at least on the Xbox). With that in mind, let's look at our friend the Tank. Silver armor is a sweet spot: he survives the initial Assassin grapple, and survives the sword grapple with some investment into his passive. Having 50 less HP shouldn't affect our beloved Billy Mays/Bearded Meteor, and this new setup would also allow him to realistically consider a different top tier endorsement besides Rate Of Fire or Armor. The new Rate wouldn't be me much slower than the current one, so perhaps Platinum Heath Recovery to really tank things up. Or maybe throw a speed endorsement in there, because even if he could pick up the speed boosts eventually, having it from the spawn has some advantages, and now the Tank, and his other five crazy teammates, would have space to truly be customized to a user's preference. I could offer dozens more examples, but hopefully you see my point.

TLDR:
    A Four slot endorsement system would make experimenting with endorsements more feasible, and allow for a few more standard builds rather than just "Armor, Rate, ect." or "Rate, Armor, ect." generally seen across the board.
  2. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

No need.

3's enough, 3's a crowd.
  3. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

The problem is not that there are only 3 endorsement slots but that the value of certain endorsements is much higher. Juice and speed can be picked up from bots, so most players will rather do that instead of taking the endorsement. Armor, RoF and skill regen give you more survivability and damage which makes the them top choices for every class.
  4. Disturbance24

Disturbance24 Member

To fix that, I propose a few other things. I think speed pickups should only give the temporary speed boost and not the actual endorsement. That would make the endorsement more worthwhile, and the pickup still useful. The Juice endorsements definitely needs to be changed 'cause right now it's dead weight; it should probably either increase the amount of juice you gain from all sources except melee (Yikes) or juice pick ups, or permanently keep your juice bar filled to a certain point. Regardless whether they implement a four endorsement system, these changes would still benefit the game in some way. I highly doubt this ever will happen, but hey, it's a wishlist isn't it? ;)
  5. salomdi

salomdi Active Member

people dont really think about this, but reload speed and clip size really do allow you to do moar continuous/sustained dps (i.e. against heavies)
  6. lilslayertorres

lilslayertorres Member

Gold juice. No point unless it's for a overtime class. IMO
  7. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

i think endorsements just need to be balanced
  8. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

If the Juice endorsement were to be changed I think the only thing it should affect is the amount of juice you get from a juice box, nothing else. Players are already crying for a juice nerf and I personally think the PC version has it right.

As for a forth endorsement slot I don't think it'll work.
  9. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

I'd still go Armour / Rate on all classes though.
  10. lilslayertorres

lilslayertorres Member

Where on the endorsement chart would it be? I mean like would it be above gold or below bronze?
  11. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

^^^You didn't read the op, did you?
  12. Disturbance24

Disturbance24 Member

I think that would be OP for the juice endorsement. Getting juice with five juice boxes or so at top-tier, even though it costs you Rate or Armor, would just make juice spam a lot worse. If Juice just kept your juice bar permanently at a certain point, the endorsement I feel would be good.

I'd still like the option to mix and match endorsements without severely gimping my class against competent players. Sure, Rate and Armor would most likely dominate the top slots with a four slot system, but endorsements like health recovery and clip size would have a chance to have more impact on class performance, even if only at silver or bronze level.
  13. Pilkey420

Pilkey420 New Member

4 Endorsments wouldnt work. Well they would but i think it would make things easier. People could have Rof/Acc/Arm then some random skill. But with 3 they gotta replace one of the 3 with a random skill that they want. Imagine how it would go if a assault had Rof/Arm/Acc/Skill. He toses enough bombs as it is. It would be constant bomb tosses and charge ringouts. IMO this is a wish that shouldnt come true.
  14. Disturbance24

Disturbance24 Member

Yeah, but everyone else would have access to advantages like that. Like fully armored tanks with high health or skill recovery, or gunners being able to afford to run around with huge clip sizes or fast reload. And besides, making things easier is not necessarily a bad thing, as perhaps it could make the game less frustrating for newbies with less patience than others. Also, the lesser difference between each endorsement slot would make them more interchangeable than they are currently. Again, it's just my two cents on something that I think may bring more true customization to the table.
    Last edited: August 13, 2011
  15. DeadStretch

If it was at a point permanently how would you get a full bar? :)
  16. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Then we should just have 10 endorsement slots. That'd be cool.
  17. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Why not 20 endorsements (2 of each)? That way there would be much more customisation
  18. Disturbance24

Disturbance24 Member

I think you guys are taking this the wrong way... why bother stopping at 20? Le'ts have 40 endorsement slots! Customization ftw! :roll:

OK, now that that's out of my system, I'm just saying I feel there really isn't much customization in our custom classes currently without making them unfit for competitive games or against competent players in general. You guys not agreeing is fine by me. ;)
    Last edited: August 14, 2011
  19. Disturbance24

Disturbance24 Member

@ Dead Stretch
    Well, I meant it would always start at one point, and when you juice the bar resets back at that point.
  20. DeadStretch

Does that mean Juice won't last as long since the bar never empties? :p