Forum is dead.. is PA Dead too??

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by codythomas14, November 25, 2015.

?

is PA Dead?

1. YES!

19 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. Probably

13 vote(s)
    16.0%
  3. Not sure

16 vote(s)
    19.8%
  4. NO!

33 vote(s)
    40.7%
  1. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

I'm personally not 100% sure how moving up to 128bit and 256bit processing will improve upon gaming an so on,
    But i do think it will improve upon processing power as the more bits you have to switch per clock tick the more operations can be performed per cycle.
  2. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

Some games take advantage of 64bit,
    Planetary Annihilation and Titans,
    CoD: Ghosts,
    Dead Rising 3,
    Strider,
    Watch Dogs,
    Minecraft,
    No Mans Sky,
    (I'd include Star Citizen but it's not quit a game yet... ;) )

I think Procedural Generation will be the biggest user of 64bit, 64bit worth of combinations is well 18 billion billion (18 Quintilian).
    128bit worth of combo's and so on would be well unfathomable and most likely something someone will try if no mans sky proves that procedural tech can make interesting varying content.
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

It looks like star citizen might be closer to being a game than you'd think. No doubt the elite dangerous crew who you posted poking fun still won't be impressed, but something tells me they are a tiny bit biased. Shame really as devs on both projects support each other's work and even cross promote important milestones.

Edit: for the record I also play elite :p stunning classic space sim imo.
    maxpowerz likes this.