For Backers Only: Pre-Order Upgrade rollout

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by garat, February 15, 2013.

1. reinherz

reinherz New Member

I sure hope not. I would actually feel guilty for bringing my friends into this.
    I don't know what their future plan for pre-orders / money extraction is, but
    maybe they will release some of the exclusive content a year later or so (including backer stuff).

Unfortunately this doesn't exclude poor monetization.
    I just hope this is not going to be Moon Breakers again.

As for now I don't see the Progenitor commander in the shop and as far as I can recall the Theta Commander came later and was added to the pre-order, wasn't it?
  2. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

What are you implying?
  3. yogurt312

yogurt312 New Member

Theta Commander yes, Progenitor No. The only way to acquire the progenitor is to have backed kickstarter.

In some ways its like an achievement or badge for having backed the game when it was conceptual, putting your money on the line to get this game green lighted. As thanks from uber. I would be against letting other people get the progenitor not because i'm a mizer, but because it would go against its description.

Regardless of their future plans for monitization, something they seem fairly adamant about is that a person who has just picked up the game with no extras will have no disadvantage to someone who's bought everything that has ever come out. The commanders are aesthetically different and have relatively minor game play changes to that one unit (Possessing no abilities unique to the paid commanders from the free ones, just different combinations).

As time goes on there is the chance that there might be further aesthetic changes but i somehow doubt that as it would make units hard to read which is another thing they are putting a lot of work into.

I'm not suggesting they wont find a way to do microtransactions or purchased DLC, but they will either not effect gameplay (in any advantageous way) or they will be of an expansion size so as to be common enough that you play against people with the same pack.
  4. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

As has been discussed in-depth numerous times other threads, this is a guiding light for the design of the game. You can safely ignore snarks implying otherwise.
  5. poncegabriel

poncegabriel New Member

Very nice might upgrade to the Galactic. Really would love to get involve anyway i can.
  6. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

But how will I get my hat fix?
  7. D3adm0nk3y

D3adm0nk3y Member

So, been looking to update my Pledge from Kickstarter, finilization i did already by mistake, any new on backer upgrades(besides OP)
  8. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Hat's aren't OP. Well, unless combined with bacon.
  9. D3adm0nk3y

D3adm0nk3y Member

Bacon with anything is op, But Bacon with Bacon is like Graham's Number in terms of OP.
  10. paulakg4

paulakg4 New Member

Just a thought- tax returns are coming... and going. NOW would be a good time to allow early backers to upgrade. C'mon I want to upgrade from beta access to alpha access.. before my wife spends my surplus.