For Backers Only: Pre-Order Upgrade rollout

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by garat, February 15, 2013.

1. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Any idea on when the store will be back up? I convinced 4 people where I am to pre-order PA, but they cant since the store is down XD
  2. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

The store appears to be up for me. Has been all day.
  3. stchurdak

stchurdak New Member

4. brandonpotter

Ya sorry guys, I confirmed that it was my internet connection being very selective for some reason. Cant wait for the Backer system to be up :)
  5. brandonpotter

Sooo... Any updates with the updates to the store? :3
  6. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Patience please. We're working on it, but the backend for something like this is a very complex beast. It usually takes a few weeks to get new features and support new transactions. Don't sweat, there's still quite a bit of time before things get urgent. ;-)
  7. brandonpotter

Good Good, Cant wait :3

The sooner it gets up and running, the sooner you guys can get more money to make the game more awesome XD
  8. Aelreth

Aelreth New Member

Thanks for the opportunity to do this, I was a johnny come late to this endeavor.
  9. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

I can't wait to give you more money :3
  10. mrcurry

mrcurry New Member

So lets see if I get this straight.
    Does this mean that if I, as an early backer who donated 40 bucks, will be able to upgrade to the $90 level and get access to alpha, beta and delta com?
  11. mrcurry

mrcurry New Member

So lets see if I get this straight.
    Does this mean that if I, as an early backer who donated 40 bucks, will be able to upgrade to the $90 level and get access to alpha, beta and the Delta com?
  12. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

And again, how much upgrade will cost from retail to alpha, and @up question :3
  13. holmebrian

holmebrian New Member

i cant wait to see what they have for us kickstarters so i can possibly get the large commander figure
  14. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Can't answer all your questions, but upgrades that were early backing exclusives will, for the most part, not be included with future upgrades. We kept our early backing upgrades online until the end of December for people who wanted to do that, but we're not planning on making those upgrades available again.

We're still working on the details, but the upgrades will be variants of the current pre-order options, with a few extra goodies thrown in appreciation of the early backing status. It will also have some discounting figured in as part of that. We'll release more information once we have it more concretely locked down.

But want to set expectations appropriately. :)
  15. Daddie

Daddie Member

I guess my main concern are the "backers" commanders.. they should not be included in the new pre-order upgrades as I feel these commanders are the only way to show we backed the game rather then pre-order a game already in production..
  16. Satrack

Satrack New Member

Completely agree with you. What's the point of having early backers exclusives if you're making it available to the public with a certain cost... I really don't like where this is headed.
  17. nightnord

nightnord New Member

I'm sure there will be more of this. You know - f2p once, f2p forever...
  18. yogurt312

yogurt312 New Member

I believe the only way to get the progenitor commander is to have been on kickstarter.
  19. squarkster

squarkster New Member

I can't wait to hear what other bonuses I'll get for supporting this great game.
  20. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Do not agree with you. As early bakers we helped the game being funded. And we get these commanders as rewards. But if uber can make additional money with it why not ? Did you back for posterity and fame or did you back because you believe in this project and you want the game to be supported and having expansions ?

I would be ok if these commanders were a reward for people pre-ordering if they the game to be promoted by generating additional pre-orders.

And in the end i'm not interested in playing with additional stuff could not be accessed by people making the game being promoted : if there's an expansion, these commanders could be added as a bonus to people having pre-ordered the game. For expansions early backers could have new commanders as bonus.