For Backers Only: Pre-Order Upgrade rollout

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by garat, February 15, 2013.

1. cruton32123

cruton32123 New Member

Yes! This is exactly what I was hoping for. I suppose I might be willing to spend a bit more if an even greater upgrade was released later on, but I'm quite pleased for now with my COSMIC EDITION. WOO HOO!
  2. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

How much does this cost for preorder to update from retail to alpha? This will be the same for early backers?

Im aiming for 50$, almost got it all (Im still learning, its a lot in some way for me right now in Poland :p). Now I wait for early backers update ;3 I cant resist giving more money for Uber, you're awesome.
  3. syox

syox Member

Can you please also do something like subscribtion where i can donate like 5 bucks a month to Uber for the purpose of making PA?

I dont really want Banners or pins or t-shirts, i dont say you shouldnt do such a package but its nothing for me. Also 250 bucks is to much for me right now just bought a Nexus 10 and broke my S3 :(.

But i could scramble out 5 or 10 bucks a month,....

... i mean u americans do have debit/charge or?
    I am quite unsure if this works international though. :D

Well or just do a donations account for PA. I will do an automatical remittance then.
  4. Atriosuyria

Atriosuyria New Member

Neat, even getting minis for the commanders if you upgrade. I wonder will these be available for purchase at a limited date or just a limited edition deal?
  5. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Hey garat,
    Does Uber consider selling in a next future (after game release), new commanders packs, new "Any additional item that will not affect game balance" packs ?
    thx !
  6. dosbag

dosbag Member

Now I am interested.
  7. Daddie

Daddie Member

First of all, I think it’s great for Uber to be able to fund a game like this without any nagging, game destroying, investors. So I find the upgrades a good thing.

But I am a bit worried about all the options that are available now without knowing where I stand with my $50 backer option (which I ordered using the PayPal option and not the Kickstarter due to not having a credit card).

My suggestion would be a listing of all individual options available and if I have it or not and a “Buy now” button to get the option. With individual options I mean the “items” in a package, not the packages themselves.

But for now, where do I stand with my $50 backing? What am I missing out?
  8. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

I didn't read it properly...went to the store and logged in to have no game keys available for upgrade...then read it properly.

DOH

I hope the upgrades for backers happens soon, kinda annoyed it's happening first for pre-orders than K backers when we supported you first :(
  9. acey195

acey195 Member

I followed the same path, With $50 you should get the game, beta, digital music, Progenitor commander, Theta Commander, the wallpaper and the documentary.

(so no physical goods, alpha, digital artbook, ingame reference or delta commander for us at this stage)

Also please if you cannot afford it, just support the game by cheering, telling your friends and hanging out on the forum. I don't think Uber wants you to regret things later on.
  10. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

What? We had upgrades available to early backers up through the end of December. It just was a different page than this. I'm confused why you think pre-orders got it first.
  11. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

I've never seen any kind of upgrades for K backers? Can you link me to the info? I only haver you guys on my G+ so unless it was on there I would have missed it then I guess.

The only info i've seen on it was via g+ when it said "upgrades for backers would be available soon".

So how can i as a K backer upgrade to get keys for beta and alpha since the store only supports pre-orders.
  12. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Just hold your horses people. When the store is set up for backers, They will announce it.
  13. Dredboss

Dredboss New Member

Hey I wanted to upgrade but it says that I have no pre-order key. I'm pretty sure I can't post here unless I do, plus, I can check orders and see my key from ks in october. I have 'notify me when a reply is posted' checked, let me know how to fix this; I want to get into the alpha when it's ready.
  14. thgr8houdini

thgr8houdini Member

So, is there any way for pre-orders to get the alpha commander?
  15. stchurdak

stchurdak New Member

So, is there a way i could up my $50 backer level to the $90 one in order to get delta or no?
  16. brandonpotter

Patience young ones. All will be revealed by the great, wise and powerful team :)
  17. archmagerudi

archmagerudi New Member

Just a quick question: i pledged 150$ and also bought the game loaded usb key.

I took a look at the cosmic edition now and i saw something in the description:

Commemorative Limited Edition Game Box
    This is a very limited edition game box being made for early backers at the $100 level and up, and now for the Cosmic Limited Edition, while it’s available. Designed to hold all the smaller smaller physical items, such as the Reaper mini’s and the art book.

Does this mean that 100 + reward tier backers get the reaper minis and the hardcopy artbook as well? I might have missed an update where it was said, but just looking at the kickstarter backer reward list there is no mention of minis or hardcover artbook.

Edit: heh, just noticed the description also says "smaller, smaller physical items" since i copy pasted it directly :p
  18. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

$100 level gets the t-shirt, reaper minis and the game box. But because we're making the box ourselves to spec, we also plan on making sure it can hold the art book. But the physical version of the art book is limited to higher levels. It was not included at the $100 level.
  19. brandonpotter

Store page is down. :(

My guess is they are adding in the Kickstarter Backer upgrade system.
  20. archmagerudi

archmagerudi New Member

ok then :p. Thanks for the quick reply!