For Backers Only: Megabot Experiment

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by garat, March 14, 2013.

1. dezsoul

dezsoul New Member

Indeed I feel the same would very much like it if it was done that way if not i don't know honestly i don't want it to be a simple Big Ol overpowered robot
  2. syox

syox Member

I loved the flying fortress(Pterano), the movin bunker(Citadelle), and the destroyer(Zenit MBS-19) of battle isle 3.

To gurren lagann: hell yeah. :D
  3. crapfacestubnut

crapfacestubnut New Member

Size is perfect. Don't make it bigger. Give it the ability to stomp units!!!
  4. treign

treign Member

Needs More Bigger!
  5. tgslasher

tgslasher New Member

Tegan Toppen Guran Laggen GIGA DRILL BREAKERRRR
  6. jubez81

jubez81 New Member

Will it be able to travel between planets? Maybe more so bots/aircraft. Though a battleship popping out vtol type jets would be awesome. If its combined with transport function be very uber.
  7. veta

veta Active Member

planet eater
  8. SmoothApproach

SmoothApproach Member

I'm so happy you guys are considering these big units after all, was kinda disappointed when you were saying that you don't like "experimentals" from supcomm, but now that I got to this forum, I must say I am even more happy I finally pre ordered.

Go Big!!!! :)
  9. klobbert

klobbert New Member

I think size is good.

I think a experimental should be really experimental. It is not really battletested or proven.
    Design should be insane, but not too cartoony. Realism is not important, but somewhat believability is.
    Highly deadly, but highly volatile.

Maybe you can customize modular parts on it.. different weapons/supporttools/maybe even an experimental shield :mrgreen:
  10. lapantouflemagic

lapantouflemagic Active Member

this is not supposed to be an "experimental" unit, it is just supposed to be huge and probably overkill.
  11. SmoothApproach

SmoothApproach Member

Whatever you call it, I supose it could be considered as experimental in Supcomm, and that's enough to make me smile :D

Edit: and I love the size of those ships compared to boots, I hate it when ships are small compared to tanks and etc, I really hope they keep this scale
  12. infowars

infowars Member

Big is BEST!

If this is a game with the scale of planets smashy smashing things, then huge big titans with cannons as big as a battleship is something I'd be talking about friends to, or showing them clips of to say "This is what RTS is all about. Big huge walking things with huge big guns."

"But it'd be more effective to use lots of smaller"

Blah blah blah. I have something half the size of the planet. Go on, shoot it. I dare you!
  13. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

You have a very warped view of what RTS is "all about". Surely it should be about STRATEGY and not "flashy lights", no?

Honestly this is what irks me most about this thread. It's flashy lights with no substance... and even less strategic thought.
    stuart98 likes this.
  14. vildmare

vildmare New Member

Not fan of megabots so smaller

I've never been any huge fan of mega/experimental/hype units. In Supreme Commander, the experimental bots were a real turnoff for me. Once I saw them all I lost interest in the game. I wouldn't make the megabot too big, just enough so it would stand out, but would still be one of the guys.

On TA on Core side there was a heavily armored robot, was it 'Sumo'? It was just an ordinary unit. But still I would go something to that direction. Hard to kill, but not superweapon that annihilates everything it sees in it's horizon.

Modesty is beautiful.
  15. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Well the initial question was about the scale and scope of the unit, not the balance.

So you don't need to get all worked up like before.
  16. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

This was the offending comment I was referring to igncom1. I thought it was obvious though, so I didn't quote it before.

Maybe I should start quoting everything before putting down my own thoughts to help the bone-idle posters who can't go back to read a few lines above ... or heaven forbid, a previous post.
    :roll:
  17. igncom1

I will admit to being a back-seat commenter. But I meant no harm of course by my comment.

And I happen to agree with your point (I don't always agree with you, but when I do its because you proved your argument without a major attitude behind it), I was just trying to say that you don't need to really prove your point any further.

No body wants to read like 40 pages of comments, so the new guys on the forum won't have likely read your post about it.
  18. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Uninformed Opinions are more harmful than good.

Mike
  19. igncom1

I agree.....but it still is going to happen, and that might be why this thread was un-stickyed.
  20. tgslasher

tgslasher New Member

Have you seen the scale of Supcom? Play it and Zoom in, the commander's foot is the size of a tree. Quite big.

I like that this game is scaled down a little though, its more about the units and how you use them over who can get a Galactic Colossus in your base first. BTW 12 seraphim support commanders with overcharge and destroy a colossus faster then it can get out of the water (that's 1 shot each MUHHAHAHHAHA). Dropped 3 of the buggers trying to crash my base party. Mind you, my power company (fusion plants) weren't to happy about the drain.

The commander is now about 10m x 10m x 10m. That's about a 2 story building.