For Backers Only: Introducing the Delta Commander

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by garat, January 30, 2013.

1. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Honestly it doesn't look very likely based on what's already been shared by Neutrino.

Mike
  2. ChillAAA

ChillAAA Member

Looks good.

Reminds of "Lock S-Foils in attack position!"
  3. crystaline109

crystaline109 Member

4. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Does it matter how much we donated via kickstarter? Cause I got in 90 bucks... and I love this commander the most so far, and I dunno if ALL backers will get it or not.
  5. Consili

Consili Member

I'd second that thought. I think it is going to be more about the players choice of Commander prior to the match. There are already more commander types than the three that Supreme Commander had, and we know there are more coming. Seems to me that is where we are going to see the variation.
  6. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

Plenty more letters in the Greek alphabet for "regular" commanders.
  7. FlandersNed

FlandersNed Member

I think this is a commander that will be available for everyone- backers and non-backers. The 'backers only' label only applies to the images currently AFAIK.
  8. doud

doud Well-Known Member

My apologies, i've been a little bit too much over reacting ;)
  9. cptkilljack

cptkilljack Member

Exactly.

Gamers will learn their Greek alphabet and like it. :shock:
  10. doud

doud Well-Known Member

- if i understand correctly , customization is only related to the commander design ?
    - If i do, this means as many different custom commander designs as the number of people who pledged for this bonus ? Will it be a design from scratch or some kind of variation based on existing standard commanders ?
    - Any rough idea about how many standard commanders we'll have at the beginning of the game ?
    - Any chance you design additional commanders or additional variations of standard commanders/units/weapons (with same capibilities of course as standard commanders/units) that we could buy on Uber Market place ?
    - Will commander design be available for modding provided the set of capabilities remain untouched for the selected commander ?
  11. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Our next group of commanders will be named after various Strawberry Shortcake characters.
  12. Pawz

Pawz Active Member

You'll make at least one or two backers happy if they're My Little Pony names. lol.

On a more serious note, it seems like they're leaning towards more of a League of Legends hero style implementation of commanders, where each commander gets a limited set of abilities. I'm all for the idea of several commanders with a stun ability for example, but then each commander has a unique take on the ability.
  13. plink

plink Active Member

Love it! Especially the shoulders.
  14. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

:lol: Although I'm not sure all of them are suitable, but given the alternative...
    ...I'd happily accept "Iota", "Xi", "Rho", or "Chi".

Regardless, a "Pi" commander is a MUST! Mmmm... pie.
  15. asgo

asgo Member

18 pages in just about one day, there has to be a custom commander discussion hidden inside. ;)

nice to have some clarification and with the Uber Cannon you at least have no license issues. :)
  16. DeadMG

DeadMG Member

Man, I want my ninja ACU back. There was nothing so fun as the enemy attacking my base, only to be defeated by an invisible laser with Overcharge. That **** was awesome the very first day I played beta 0.2 or whatever it was, and it was awesome the very last day I played FA. The number of people who accused me of hax. Double win in a Phantom game cause lots of free energy.
  17. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

I really like the "spine" detail for some reason.
  18. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

That's just... cruel.
  19. wolfdogg

wolfdogg Member

I'm really glad there's going to be a large number of selectable commander types for players. It goes back to something that was discussed a week or so ago in another topic called Custom Commanders: What's the limitation of design? I think it will add a great deal to the game to have different commander abilities. As for my contribution to the topic, I'm surprised I was so accurate in my prediction of what Uber would like to do. So from now on, you can just call me The Oracle. :lol:

Re: Delta commander.
    Looks really great! I'm really excited about the variety we have seen between the commanders so far and I'm dead keen to see this particular commander in motion. That said, apart from the Kickstarter commander, we haven't seen any of the commanders in motion and I think the way that they move is just as important as the way they look. I'm really looking forward to seeing what kind of animations will be attached to models' objects like the Delta commander's pauldrons.

Looking at said pauldrons, could this be a facility to protect fragile equipment such as an enhanced sensory array? Could it house drones for additional build power or maybe it's a stealth or shielding system? I only suggest this because it seems a lot of the ideas people have suggested in this topic are based on offence and not the passive things Neutrino also mentioned earlier.
  20. acey195

acey195 Member

Nice looking guys :), I like the "mecha" style with the pauldrons.

(I think the pauldrons are a bit of you either love it or hate it thing :p)

I am personally unsure about the "smoothness" of the chest plate. the low amount of polygons, with smoothed edges make it seem a bit weird.
    You cannot really make up the volume/contour of the thing this way, if you get what I mean.

Personally I would either give the chest plate some hard edges, or add an extra edge-loop, so you could define the shape better.

just my opinion though :p