For Backers Only: Introducing the Delta Commander

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by garat, January 30, 2013.

1. cptkilljack

cptkilljack Member

Just wondering could I use one of these images as my Desktop background. They just so happen to be the perfect 1920x1080 Resolution and my brother doesnt want to play this game. (Ill get him into it anyway)
  2. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Reasonable use is totally fine. :) Just don't throw it on a thumb drive and give it to everyone at the office until we've released them publicly!

If someone sees it and asks, tell them if they pre-order, they too can be privy to awesomeness. [shameless plug]
  3. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

Looks awesome, can't wait for alpha...
  4. rorybecker

rorybecker Member

This is an awesome attitude to IP :D
  5. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

So, we will be stuck with some abilities to commanders? That sucks, there will be for sure awesome commander with great model, but with abilities that dont match me. Choosing model+abilities in "lobby" or something should be a thing, thats the best way to do it.
  6. thorneel

thorneel Member

The single less threatening weapon to have ever been imagined.
    It wouldn't work as a nuclear reaction inducer either, as they are the product, not the source of those reactions. It would be like causing fire with CO2.
    On the other hand, a nuclear amplificator (a Z-particle or W-particle emitter, or something like that) may be a fun weapon. I'm pretty sure I remember an Asimov novel where those are used to destroy nuclear-powered warships.

On top of my head, I can think about:
    Mass/Molecular disruptor (or just Disruptor gun)
    Zapper
    Raygun
    Singularity convector
    Mercy gun
    Entropy gun
    Tachyon decelerator
    Ubercharge
    Remover
    Problem solver
    Annihilator
    Popgun (though irony may not be the best choice)

I know those aren't that great, but really, anything but a neutrino gun. Please.
    Though it would be a great invisible "dummy weapon" that does no damage and is there for test/hacking funny things with scripts.

About the shoulder pads, it's not the existence of those Eva-pads that worries me, it's that they look a bit off with the model. They look too flimsy and fragile for the sturdy look of the Commander. A bit like butterfly wings on a tank...
  7. rorybecker

rorybecker Member

I am inclined to agree.

@Neutrino et al:
    Any chance you could alter current thinking to allow pick Models and Ability Combos independently of each other.

That said I guess it's possible that xanoxis and I have misunderstood. #IAmNotInfallable
  8. Hydrofoil

Hydrofoil Member

No idea if anyone has suggested this already but here goes.

I suggest you call the D-gun the Uber-Cannon I dont think many people will complain about that its got a good ring to it and you get to plug your selves in the game ;) win win.
  9. rorybecker

rorybecker Member

UberCannon FTW! +100
  10. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

"The Uber Cannon"... Its just perfect! :lol:
  11. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

fine, if creating reactions through neutrino's is that unrealistic change it to:

neutrino-gun: the only thing left of your opponent will be the neutrino's he will emit while being eradicated on a sub-atomic level.

:p

Uber-cannon sounds like fun, too.
    Last edited: January 30, 2013
  12. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Explain how it's imbalanced? Here teh basic set up from what I've seen so far;

-All Commanders start with the same stats(HP, move speed ect ect)
    -Commander get the same number of 'Ability Slots'
    -All Commanders will have abilities from the same ability pool.

The only way a custom commander would be imbalanced is if an ability or combination of abilities is imbalanced. If that's the case the problem isn't the custom commanders but the abilities themselves.

Also worth noting that the more "stock" commanders there are the less likely it will be that custom commander is actually unique(depending on the number of abilities and ability slots obviously)

As I mentioned before, it's not about Custom Commanders being Better, just different, they're still cut form the same cloth as the stock commanders.

Mike
  13. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

You said what I thought, independent pick of model and abilities ;)
  14. rorybecker

rorybecker Member

Sounded like custom in game Artwork\Model

In reality I'm hearing

FWIW. I guess it's not a huge problem. The likely hood of me ever finding, much less playing against one of them is pretty unlikely :)

The more irritating issue was the one xanoxis mentioned.
  15. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

Well this is now my favorite commander by far, I love his shoulder flaps and the design of his legs.
  16. Hydrofoil

Hydrofoil Member

Have a little faith despite possibly having what your saying (i highly doubt that though) i have faith that uber will keep it balanced so it wont brake the game in balance.
  17. KNight

KNight Post Master General

As I said, the idea that a custom commander being truly unique entirely dependent on factors like he number of abilities and how many you can choose on top of the overall number of commanders.

Mike
    Last edited: January 30, 2013
  18. rorybecker

rorybecker Member

Fair enough. Good point :)
  19. RCIX

RCIX Member

I still wanna know who exactly gets this commander >.<
  20. cptkilljack

cptkilljack Member

Oh dont worry Ive been working on trying to get my friend to put into the kickstarter and then preorder for a while. They were just worried about the ability of Uber to pull off what they said they would do. They are worried because there is so much that was said that they would do in the kickstarter and them being game developers which I work with they know how hard it is and were worried about the time table. I have no doubt that Uber can do it and I want to help make it as good as possible so I put $120 in at the Kickstarter so I could be part of the testing.

I will continue to prod them and plug the Preorder link. :ugeek: