For Backers Only: Introducing the Delta Commander

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by garat, January 30, 2013.

1. taihus

taihus Member

As someone who knows what neutrinos are, the term 'neutrino-gun' referring to a powerful weapon is just... no.

However, as someone who knows who we're referring to when we mention "neutrino", I'd say it's the best name ever!
    Personally, I think that not only do the shoulders look cool, they also make the commander much easier to spot on the battlefield. I like over-the-top!
    InstantMix likes this.
  2. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

Who do everyone hate the shoulder parts? It makes the commander unique and kinda looks more bug like (and i like bug designed things, cybran nation ftw).
    Last edited: January 30, 2013
  3. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

This is still not clear for me. "Custom" commander like Delta will have set some abilities and we cant change them? Or we can choose custom model and pick those abilities in "lobby" or something like that? Second option is better I think, there will be for sure commander that have awesome model, but have abilities that dont match me. If I could choose them, problem solved.
  4. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

Seems crystal clear to me. I assume that the non custom commanders will have different abilites from each other, but judgeing from his post you wont choose them.
  5. stevenside

stevenside Member

Neutron Cannon? If you've ever heard of a neutron bomb then you'll see what this is going at.
  6. vahilior

vahilior New Member

I like the shoulders and "wings" of the original, but I like the removal of the cannon plates, the closed cannon is awesome too, dynamic models are always cool.
  7. KNight

KNight Post Master General

At this point I think the only "custom commanders" are the ones for the 1k backers, all other commanders are referred to by name(Alpha, Theta, Delta, Progenitor) and will have a specific set of abilitie(s).

Mike
  8. doud

doud Well-Known Member

I LOVE the shoulders.
    Hopefully they are mobile and can be closed also.

Was just wondering :

1) In terms rendering are we quite close to a possible final in game rendering ? I like this rendring : Would like to have this possible option where the rendering gives you the feeling you're playing with toys :)

2) How much time does it require to come to this commander design ? Hopefully all the design phase and intermediate steps will be in the documentary ;)

3) How many different commanders can we expect ? (In terms of global shape design)
  9. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Yeah shooting neutrino's sounds weak, but what about abusing this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutrino#Nuclear_reactions as a weapon. Like shoot special neutrino's at objects to alter their atomic structure to destroy them.

.. or something among those lines.

EDIT: Better foundation for the neutrino-gun
  10. Devak

Devak Post Master General

that commander looks awesome!

the feet feel kind of small but that might just be me. However, i love the detail. I like the thought behind the shoulders, they look like deployable heat radiators.
  11. doud

doud Well-Known Member

I hate this design without original shoulders.
    And by the way, you could at least respect the work that was done, and build your own concept instead of violating the original design :ugeek:
  12. rorschachphoenix

rorschachphoenix Active Member

Well, how about...

Mavor-Gun? :mrgreen:
  13. stevenside

stevenside Member

..which is why i suggested the Neutron Cannon :p
  14. Bouncer2000

Bouncer2000 Member

Das wollte ich sagen ;-)

Neutrino or mavor gun. I like both and he is the man behind pa.
  15. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Just remember, he's entitled to his opinion too. We really want all sorts of feedback, even if it's critical. We're adults, we can take it. We'd rather hear honest, though preferably polite, feedback, both positive and negative. :)
  16. rorschachphoenix

I did not want to destroy the original. And I did not want to be respectless. I like the original very much.
    My changes to the original I have only made to express my own opinion about that. I don't want to harm anyone with it.

Sorry.
  17. mortiferusrosa

mortiferusrosa Member

Ill be honest the first time I looked at it I was thinking wtf? But, after a few hours of letting it sink in I think it fits nice with the design theme. Id imagine they are not open all the time anyways.
  18. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

Why not? Such a weapon might be insanely hard to synthesize, but it would be absolutely corrupting to atomic features. For a unit that depends on heavy atomic nucleii and crystalline armor, you have an instant nuclear fission stuffing new atoms directly into its armor. BOOM. The bigger they are, the harder they pop.
  19. rorybecker

rorybecker Member

Yeah I'm now worried about balance.

Originally I though a custom commander would mean having access to a custom model which others wouldn't get. This would render it as bling which, while cool, wouldn't get you any kind of advantage.

Then we heard that they will have different abilities, but not to worry because:
    Sounds like:
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    C=Stock Commander
    A=Ability
    CC= CustomCommander

C1 = A1,A2,A3
    C2 = A1,A2,A4
    C3 = A1,A2,A5

CC=A3,A4,A5
    -------------------------------------------------------------

This would suggest that since us mere mortals can't choose the CustomCommander, we would be unable to pick that combination of abilities.

Am I missing something or does this seem a little unbalanced?

Please don't say we're going to need an option to block Custom Commanders?

Unless when neutrino says...
    ...he means...

Which reduces the CustomCommander option to input at design time on ability combos + custom model for game time.

Neutrino please help us understand how this isn't pay (pledge) to win (gain advantage).
    Thanks
  20. rorschachphoenix

Thank you.

But maybe I have skipped a necessary point:

Is it allowed to alienate material from Uber to illustrate my own opinion?