For Backers Only: Faction #1 Faction Naming Poll

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by BradNicholson, September 20, 2013.

?

What Do You Think Our First Faction Name Should Be?

1. Pax Machina (Machine of Peace)

479 vote(s)
    28.3%
  2. Legonis Machina (Legion of the Machine)

665 vote(s)
    39.2%
  3. The First Empire

126 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. Imperium (Empire)

425 vote(s)
    25.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

Just because you think admitting that you're an arse makes you able to get away with it, doesn't mean I can't call you out for it :)

Honestly, it makes me wonder if you even have a job. Your ability to value other people seems to be non-existent.
  2. plannihilator

plannihilator Member

The Adamantium Legion
  3. lordbritish

lordbritish New Member

Goodness the over-thinking caps were firmly fitted weren't they?

I feel I ought to remind people that this isn't a personal project. We have contributed money generously to Uber Entertainment and they have in turn promised us a game akin to the original video uploaded to Kickstarter and Youtube. From a company's point of view, what they have outlined (precisely) is all we can expect and any outreach to the fans and contributors would be seen as (in a 'perfect' world) a generous undertaking.
    Obviously Uber is doing an outstanding job bringing what they promised and have better interests at heart but I fear that this is being taken for granted. We all have our own ideals that we'd absolutely love to see (Top Hats please!) and we each have our own methods of reasoning for what we want however they will undoubtedly conflict with others'. Hence the saying; You can't please everyone.
    With that in mind, that is why the ideas presented are simple and limited. Not only does this allow the largest number and variety of people to be a part of the outreach but also allows the team back at Uber to concentrate on making the game fitting of the image they've painted in their minds. Unfortunately that image is also likely to not perfectly fit ours but the core idea which they're aiming for should be worth every pretty penny they've got for it.

tl;dr: It's up to Uber at the end of the day. Their game, their rules.

I don't mind this at all myself, I'm rather looking forwards to see what other cheesy factions are revealed. I can fantasize and conjure up whatever reasoning I feel is right once more pieces of the puzzle has been collected.
    archcommander and Gorbles like this.
  4. ringil86

ringil86 New Member

Also bear in mind that the "lore" here is mainly just to serve as a backdrop. This won't be a narrative game like TA was. Therefore any back-story for any of the factions are just sprinkles on the planet smashing cupcake. If they were trying to have a full story in a campaign mode, the back stories would be more important but from what I understand of the spirit of the game it just needs to be a loose lattice work to give four or so teams an excuse to kick the crap out of eachother on a galactic scale, it doesn't need to be Shakespeare quality. Hell, it doesn't need to be General Hospital quality to accomplish that.
    lordbritish likes this.
  5. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

If you don't care about the lore then please let those that do, gripe in peace.
  6. lordbritish

lordbritish New Member

It's not that I don't care about the lore, I just want to warn others against getting too attached and falling out with others who are involved.
    Continue your speculations at your leisure.
    Gorbles and archcommander like this.
  7. ninnamin

ninnamin Member

Pax Machina, because I love irony.
  8. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

Thanks for all the discussion and voting, guys. Locking this down and we'll announce where we're going shortly.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.