For Backers Only: Delta Commander V2

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by garat, February 5, 2013.

1. chronoblip

chronoblip Member

Glad to see that the commanders will be having a nice balance of detail. Enough to look cool but not so much that it makes them appear a mess from afar.
  2. Pawz

Pawz Active Member

Well, the livestream totally answered all my questions / concerns / thoughts about the Delta Commander, and it feels / looks incredible.
  3. ethannino

ethannino Member

In the livestream, at around 11:30, Steve mentioned that he had to scale back the texture details so it wouldn't look too complex at longer distances.

I was wondering, can't you just make LOD's with fewer decals the farther out you zoom? So fewer details/decals show up, without necessarily dropping the resolution. It'll increase the number of LOD's in game, but so far these textures don't appear to be so high res where this would affect performance.
  4. HackerKiller

HackerKiller New Member

Liking how that commander is turning out there. Here is to more glowing red bits!
  5. grmp

grmp New Member

Looks awesome love the black version <3

hopefully there will be rockets they could be AA only and would still be awesome
  6. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Sure there are plenty of things that could be done. We probably will build LOD's for some of the units anyway but authoring every level separately is making a lot of extra work.
  7. carbonpollution

carbonpollution New Member

:shock: you guys have really out done yourselves on customisation for commanders
  8. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

Bah! You only need 2 LODs: Units and icons.
  9. Consili

Consili Member

Looking good! I like the task specific arms in this revision. I am looking forward to seeing some of the other commander designs come to the fore. Hopefully most players will be able to find a design that resonates with them : )
  10. dosbag

dosbag Member

I like the aesthetics you guys are choosing, I do not regret anything.
  11. feyder

feyder Member

I have fallen in love with the black design, are we going to be able to have the design schemes like this in game.
  12. Kalaskow

Kalaskow New Member

that's player colors
  13. feyder

feyder Member

Awesome, So want to be black :D
  14. pcbino

pcbino New Member

Dibs on the black one!
  15. Junnykins

Junnykins New Member

I'm loving the way the design seems to be headed for this, sexy delta commander!
  16. LordKosc

LordKosc New Member

Wow this looks fantastic, love the shading! :)
  17. guiliman

guiliman New Member

The Delta Commander is looking damn fine! Nothing wrong with those pauldrons if you ask me. :)

Great job guys, keep it up!
  18. exampleprime

exampleprime New Member

Really hoping for the option to have eye lasers

Just cause
  19. branly

branly New Member

I realy like this commander. Its a combination between Gundam Wing mechs and the traditional commander (UEF) in SupCom. It would be awesome if the jump-jets behind his back could be used to chase units down, like a thruster which pushes him forward for a limited time (but without the arc in the jump). Then a commander will be more dangerous and more flexible for escaping difficult fights.
  20. lynx88

lynx88 New Member

Nice model! :mrgreen:

I've a question about the texture, is this the final pass, or will you guys be adding more stuff like weathering, specular & normal mapped details?

Also a small critique on the design itself. The legs, especially the feet look rather small considering the top-heavy look of the design. Slightly bigger/wider shins and feet would make it look more balanced IMHO.