FireBase LV3 Bonus + Hack + Shava Ice Hack

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by Galaxy010, December 23, 2010.

1. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

Re: FireBase LV3 Bonus + Hack

Level 1 hack- increases range + reach
    Level 2 hack- increases fire rate
    Level 3 hack- increases range and rate

From what I've noticed

Hack's do not increase armor
    Upgrading turrets increase armor and rate as well
  2. Galaxy010

Galaxy010 New Member

Dont want to create a new thread just for this, so what happens when you hack a Shava ice turret? Does just the armor go up or what?
  3. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

Same thing. It increases the fire rate and range. In the case of the shaveice, the fire rate increase will make bots and pros even slower. The range will increase a ridiculous amount. The 3.3 shaveice can be a serious table turner.
  4. AARPS

AARPS New Member

And yes it increases the armor. A lot. BTW shaves are not strictly based on line of sight but can be blocked by walls in the right spots - I'm thinking about the tunnel on lazor razor for instance.
  5. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

I wasn't aware that the hack increased the armor. Are you sure?
  6. DonnyD

DonnyD New Member

I'm fairly sure that hack does not increase the armor, only fire rate and range.
  7. AARPS

AARPS New Member

Yerpity derp. Heard upgrade in my head. Agreed hack doesn't give armor. Sry
  8. lllp3lll

lllp3lll New Member

Range increases a hell of alot
  9. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

Hacks= Range or Rate or both
    Nothing else

A Shavice 3.3 has the same reach as a firebase 3.3 or a rocket 3.3

Meaning if the firebase sees the target from the farthest point it starts shooting..
    Place a firebase directly beside a shavice and youll see how far it shoots. This is the point where the shavice will start to freeze.

Firebase 3.3+Shavice 3.3+Rocket 3.3 = Alot of kills if you have them near each other.

Longshots have the longest reach out of all. The only thing I'd consider > is a Gapshot even though it's not a turret.
  10. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

Just throwing this out there cuz we seem to have some interested Support players here. Have you noticed that the Firebase (probably other turrets as well) range seems to extend AFTER it's started firing on a target? For example, the firebase will start firing at a target when it's 100' away, but it will continue to fire on the target beyond the initial acquisition range, maybe 120'.

Don't know if this info would have any practical use, except for possibly trapping targets in areas where they think they can escape the range thinking they've found it's limit.
  11. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Yea that's any turret. Once you are in range for it to target you it takes a wider range to escape.
  12. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

Once the turret has fired that ammo will hit the target or attempt to. The rockets for example will not just explode once they past the range. They will shoot at the target once it's in the range and stop when it's left it. The ammo will keep travelling until it reaches the target or misses at the point where it was shot.

The firebase is almost identicle to the lazer blaser in shooting aspects.