Firebase Killing.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Magikarp, December 20, 2010.

1. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Alright then. Mass email my post to the noob MNC community. lol
    :D
  2. HI IM SNARF

HI IM SNARF New Member

Yeah dude you can't just keep nerfing the game until everything is easy. Firebases aren't THAT hard to kill. Really, they aren't. And noobs don't care about pushing bots anyway, so what's the big deal?

They don't take that long, either. As an assassin, I can kill a fully healed firebase that's being healed by a support in about 10 seconds. Yeah, that's not the most amount of money I'd be earning in those 10 seconds, but who cares? I do want to kill the firebase because it's killing my bots and making it harder for me to do my job.

So because it isn't money-efficient it should be nerfed? Has support not been nerfed enough? It's an advantage supports have; why take away one of the few they have left?
  3. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

i see your point, but i don't see how increasing the price from killing it counts as a 'nerf'
  4. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

dude, might as well make it 2000 bucks.

no, seriously, it doesnt need to be more than 15. idc what you say, its not stronger than a lazer blazer. a lazer can survive an airstrike.
  5. Kolcro

Kolcro New Member

This is 100% true......I consider the $10 a nice bonus for doing my job
  6. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

7. Magikarp

Magikarp New Member

couldn't have said that better myself.

played support today for about the third time ever, realized airstrike > firebase.

okokokokokok.

better idea.

we have protags for firebase kills!
    how novel.
  8. AARPS

AARPS New Member

Fixed.
  9. iammclovin117

Fixed.
  10. AARPS

AARPS New Member

Fixed.

But your last fix was pretty funny. GG
  11. iammclovin117

Why thank you.
  12. iammclovin117

Best. Quote. Ever.
  13. Magikarp

Magikarp New Member

So true.
  14. AARPS

AARPS New Member

Ummm, not sure who you mean is staying entertained but fair enough anyway. I'm not trying to troll you, but it makes me sad and hurts my widdle feelings when you post stuff up 'cause you're frustrated and haven't even tried the idea you talk about. It's not even that so much as finishing by recanting by saying something sarcastic about how the devs should have included something that would have made you understand the game without thinking about it too hard.

So sorry to be a DB to ya dude, I just know they've tried really, really hard to balance things and they read all of the forums so, um, yeah... I guess I just get offended on their behalf (not that its my role...) Especially when its post #4080 on the same topic. Especially when you ignore 80% of the replies to your own thread. Plus the Newb bashing mixed in... S%&t I'm really too old for any of this. So sorry plair, merry holidays and feel free to join me in the streets... :|
  15. Magikarp

Magikarp New Member

's cool. I posted this to put some incentive into actually killing firebases, which a lot of people seem to not want to do. My intention was to get everyone excited for killing firebases, but if that's part of their staying power and the devs' intention, then by all means let it stay at 10.

In an ideal world, everyone would be firebase murderers, and they are an important part of the game. But people like kills and money so they can get more kills. Killing a firebase does not satisfy either. Yes, the TDM aspect of this game should be minimized, but there's still little reason for people in that mindset to kill a firebase.

And that's what we're trying to remove: that mindset. But until we can, we should give an incentive for people to help their team and an incentive for people to take care of their firebases.

My hopefully final revision: raise it to 25, static. It's practically an extra pro, so it should be worth just as much.

I apologize to you devs, and you too AARPS. I know you're trying hard and it's just that this is the most important weakness of team-based game, and there's no way to directly fix this.

Also, people need to make more threads; I get bored easily.
  16. AARPS

AARPS New Member

Thx dude. I too am sorry to all involved :oops: ...
  17. Magikarp

Magikarp New Member

Don't worry about it man, it's fine.