F'ing Stars, how do they work?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by zarakon, March 16, 2011.

1. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

I agree completely and wholeheartedly, I play to win (and have fun) and that requires that I sacrifice myself to hold our last line of defense.

I don't have time to kill off the tank that has the high ground and need to crush bots to win. When I feel like they are a threat to my bots they should know my wrath but not because they bring me up a star rating.
  2. Z-UNIT

Z-UNIT Active Member

it would seem that getting mvp with 0k 3a 0d 30 bot kills and 2 turrets means i am a failure as a player and warrants me losing 0.03 stars

how exactly does this encourage people to play the game properly?
  3. Overgear

Overgear New Member

It is a bit demeaning to be ranked to for winning, yes. I can't wait for it to be reworked so being MVP actually increases rank even if you ave more deaths.
  4. Nekoh

Nekoh New Member

If it is truly based on K/D/Money then it has gone full retard. That's like making the winner of a chess game the person with the most pieces on the board.
  5. Nekoh

Nekoh New Member

This is what just happened to me, shows the full retardiness of the star system, I got MVP in a match with 15/4 KD and 103 bot kills with highest money in the game. I gained .01 point, I then joined another game which was half way through and got kileld and had 20 bot kills and quit and lost .2 points.
  6. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

In my observation it's not what you do, it's how fast you do it that is more important.
  7. Nekoh

Nekoh New Member

That is even more retarded, Uber really didn't think this through did they. You join a game near the end, no bots on the field, opponents fulled skilled up and ready to juice. You die over and over again because you have no chance and lose a fcukton of points.
  8. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Jesus christ, don't be a ***** kid. Get over it and enjoy the game for what it is.

If you want to you can just think that you are a five star. Nobody cares anyway.
  9. Nekoh

Nekoh New Member

Says you the biggest kill whore I've met so far. You play for kills I play for points what is the difference? Nothing kid.
  10. Vlane

Vlane New Member

11. d-roy

d-roy Active Member

I just noticed that ending a match with 0 in every stat but 1000$ will decrease your stars with around 0.2
  12. Nekoh

Nekoh New Member

Let's just call it retarded and leave it at that as Uber don't listen to the people who actually play the game, they just add or change what they want and not the community. Look at the assault nerf.
  13. d-roy

d-roy Active Member

Assault is fine.
  14. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

What the hell is wrong with you guys?

Just ignore the stars and have fun. My stars used to be nearly 6, but then I started playing more classes and it's down to 3.3 or something but I'm still having a good time. You will have a lot more fun (which is teh point of a game) if you just play it, and stop worrying about a number next to a picture. You have math class to do that in.
  15. [451]Fireman

[451]Fireman New Member

This game on both PC and XBox has no actual "pros".

What group you are including yourself into is just a group of good pub players as there is no real competitive side yet for the game. Sure there have been scrims and such here and there but nothing really of note. Even if there were a fully developed competitive community, I doubt there would even be pros then either. TF2 has something like 10-30 times more players and even that "pro" community is quite small, and the money gained would maybe provide a server to play on and LAN entry fees (not transportation or lodging!). Hardly a profession (yet).

Attempting to speak as a "pro" without actually being one is quite humorous, at least in the context of MNC.
  16. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I just lost a good chunk of my rating for winning 0:0 on an empty server
  17. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

what is the highest it can go?
  18. Nekoh

Nekoh New Member

I would assume 5.99 is now the highest but having higher than 5 is kind of silly anyways. The star rating should get nerfed anyways as it's pointless and just shows off the KD whores.
  19. Gozuu

Gozuu New Member

Most games rating system depends on K/D ratios seeing as it's how good you play versus other players. If it focused on bot killing, it would be an PvE game. Killing bots aren't exacly showing off your "skills".
  20. Z-UNIT

Z-UNIT Active Member

how do you plan on winning if you dont kill bots?
    the entire game revolves around bots