Fields of Isis map from SUPCOM re-created

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BallsonFire, November 22, 2014.

1. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

Somebody make God of War III or everybody GTFO.
  2. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

has something changed in the planet editor or something because I haven't been on the forums that much in a couple weeks and creating a map like this was just simply impossible with cliffs/terrain height... coz that is pretty amazing
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

yes! The new PTE build give you the ability to *copy, paste, rotate and scale* CSG features as well as place metal spots etc :D
    squishypon3 and vackillers like this.
  4. cynischizm

cynischizm Active Member

I imagine Seton's clutch would work nicely. An island at each pole with a land bridge (or a modified version with multiple land bridges) running north to south.

Also @elodea 's crazy planet looks like it could be used to make something along the lines of corvana chasm from SC2 (I know everyone hates it but the map was fun), especially if we can produce some bridges.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: November 25, 2014
    ArchieBuld and Remy561 like this.
  5. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

It was fun, but also a goddamn nightmare.

EDIT: the map that is, I actually love SupCom2
  6. cynischizm

cynischizm Active Member

It was, and would be even more so in PA (orbital and air wars fighting to build teles :). I also played quite a bit of SC2 but it was the first RTS I got really into so I didn't notice the RTS Lite aspects of it that seem to annoy most people.
  7. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Id love a dedicated casual RTS game like it to be honest.
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I was like "wtf that map was a SupCom 2 map, not a Starcraft 2 map" ;)
  9. cynischizm

cynischizm Active Member

Sorry colin, I'm just too lazy to write supcom2.

I imagine it's quite a hard thing to make, especially if you want a multiplayer community. Making something easy to learn but interesting enough to keep playing is a challenge, more so if you want to give a complete beginner a fighting chance against most players. Balancing for casual play against an AI is easier, but you need to give a lot of options so that the player can keep ramping up the challenge while still winning reasonably regularly.
  10. BallsonFire

BallsonFire Active Member

I did an update on the map as requested by Zaphodx I removed the metal Island at the backside of the map to make it more like the original one. I also placed more metal on the center of map. Metal compared to Supreme Commander mass is not the same so the map would get very boring and slow if I would place the same amount of metal spots as the original fields of isis
    philoscience likes this.
  11. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

How do me make the scg briges work like uber did with the metal planet? @jables @bgolus ?
  12. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

By placing the right csg brush (especially with the right settings on pathable, which we currently only can modify via mods) in the right place. Simply as that really.
    tatsujb likes this.
  13. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

really?? that's crazy!

wow!!
  14. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

Loving it, although you have to adjust it a little so it become suitable for 2v2, 3v3, ect. !
  15. julien119

julien119 Member

You can custom place spawn locations by using the editor now and you can also change the size of your spawn zones by going into the PAS file and changing the size. Open it with notepad or notepad++. It will be one of the first lines of text. It is landingzonesize or something like that. If you add custom spawn locations you can't guarantee the teams will spawn on the same side if you have more than 2 spawn zones, one for each team. So what I did was just to increase the spawn size from 50 to 750 so teams and individuals on feilds of isis have a much better level of choice where to spawn.

I've uploaded your map with this slight change and a photo of the line you need to change.

Attached Files:

burntcustard and cola_colin like this.
  16. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

but then it wouldn't be setons, it would be double setons