Fan and Community Art: Official Thread

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by garat, April 11, 2013.

1. nutterboy

nutterboy Member

Hi guys, was messing around the other night with the images from the planet concept art.
    Made a few images, using one per post so few to come.
    also this is 1920x1080 so perfect for backgrounds.

If possible, could I get a Planetary Annihilation Logo with transparent background to put onto some of my wallpapers I make? I've done a dodgy job cutting one out myself.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: September 13, 2013
    doud and archcommander like this.
  2. nutterboy

nutterboy Member

This is the previous one without recolouring. Going play around with the bottom right planet some more I think. Spacebackground2.jpg

Attached Files:

3. nutterboy

nutterboy Member

This one influenced the previous 2 bit of a weird resolution 1280x1600 PAspacevisualisation.jpg
    doud, bodzio97 and archcommander like this.
  4. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

5. nutterboy

nutterboy Member

Thanks Zaphod

Attached a version with the logo to both wallpaper orientation ones.
    this is a white version, I have tested with a few other colours, and they work well pwhite.jpg
    Last edited: September 13, 2013
    doud likes this.
  6. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

wow good job!
    acey195 likes this.
  7. dfanz0r

dfanz0r Active Member

Here is a wallpaper i just made Used the background an planet images from the game. The logo i made in photoshop with the pen tool.
    [​IMG]

Here is a transparent copy of the logo if anyone wants to use it.
    [​IMG]
    brianpurkiss, doud, zaphodx and 2 others like this.
  8. narbot

narbot New Member

After looking at the Legonis Machina faction symbol I got inspiration to make one of my own for fun. ^ ^

NarWheel.png
  9. narbot

narbot New Member

10. dna87

dna87 Member

PA Teufel.jpg

I saw a version of the Teufel commander done by Mitchel Burton and loved the design so did a quick version of the Commander for a bit of fan art. enjoy =)
  11. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Awesome! You know what would also be cool? If it was animated to take one of the outer planets and clack them into the rest of them, like a Newton's Cradle toy - and then on the return it would make the first planet explode like it had been smashed :D
  12. rorschachphoenix

rorschachphoenix Active Member

Awesome!
  13. dna87

dna87 Member

Plannetairy Annihilation Commander  template.jpg

I did some proper renders of the Commander model 'Teufel' in marmoset after some last few tweaks on the textures. Hope you like the final thing. =)

Daniel Rohde.
    DNAArts.
  14. mrpete

mrpete Member

Somehow it looks like you could tip it over easily.
    But otherwise: cool work!
  15. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

mmm very awesome indeed DNA.
  16. dna87

dna87 Member

23-10-2013 23-18-07.jpg

Here's a sneak peek of the next venture I'm working on (not actually sure what to call it yet =P). Got the general form down just need to reduce the poly count by reducing the detail and optimize it before unwrapping it and finally texturing it. Feed back would be awesome on form but the colors are only place holder at the moment just to see roughly what it will look like. Actually have no idea what Tris count to work to for the commanders. Delta commander looks pretty high so if anyone can shed some light on that, it would be awesome.

Much Annihilation love!

Daniel Rohde
    DNA Arts
  17. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

This is awesome (wish it was in the game!) but could it be animated to walk?
  18. dna87

dna87 Member

@archcommander
    I've created it with the intention that it can be animated and put into game. It has all the joints in the necessary places. I'd just have to create a skeletal rig and skin it making sure I have all the necessary controllers. Its been something like 4 years since I've rigged anything though (=S). I will have to relearn that again as its been a while and I can bet the process has changed as well.

Uber what method of rigging do you use so I can do some research. do you make custom rigs with bones or do you just use CAT?

Daniel Rohde
    DNA Arts
    archcommander likes this.
  19. dna87

dna87 Member

I've messaged the Uber team of annihilation and for future reference for any modellers/fan artist out there.

''There's nothing particularly special about our rigs. All our characters are hard skinned, ie: single bone weighting. The engine supports up to four bone weighting at the moment, but we never use it so it might not actually work. ;) We use a tool named Puppetshop for 3dsmax for all our rigging, but that is no longer available as the author got hired by Autodesk to work on the new character animation system CAT found in 3dsmax 2013 and later. Poly count for the commanders are 2000~10,000 tris. I believe Delta is 5k tris, and Alpha is 8k tris.''
    archcommander likes this.
  20. gatekeeperyork

gatekeeperyork New Member

Thanks to dfanz0r for his image, made me thing of this. Sure someone can do a better version.

PA-NC-LowRes.png