FAFOREVER TAKEN DOWN

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Lextoc, September 24, 2014.

1. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

People like to whine about a good resolution.

He obviously wasn't offerent 10k 3 years ago when he started. He also was more content with removing his content from the whole web without the offer. The offer simply gives him a reason to part hands with his three years of coding work.

Really, if this is the only way he could be convinced to walk away but not take his work with him, I am more than happy someone was willing to fill his hands with dough. Looks like everyone got incredibly lucky. Now, stop whining and go back to playing FAF.
    ooshr32 likes this.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Oh I realize 10k is not much for that much work. But the picture painted here is:

zep finally breaks under the massive pressure and takes it all down, seemingly forever
    a day later it is online again because somebody payed him a considerable sum of money to calm him down

money can change once mind :p
  3. Anaryl

Anaryl New Member

The sad thing I see here are mutual recriminations. Too much talk, not enough action. You either are part of the solution or part of the problem
    Frankly you are also overestimating how hard it is to create a simple server in QT. I coded one in minutes. Connection objects for the game server - too ******* easy. Seriously guys
  4. Anaryl

Anaryl New Member

Also ten k is not very much given how much he has done
  5. KNight

KNight Post Master General

That seems to be par for the course in this industry thought. It can still be seen as telling because if it he felt he was being undervalued he wouldn't have taken it. Of course there could be circumstances we don't know about but still, as it stands now it's very easy to see where the viewpoint comes from.

Mike
  6. nofear1299

nofear1299 Active Member

Thing is, 10k is a lot for someone never expecting a pay out for his work. He did this for free and always intended it to be free so he is winning.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  7. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

10k is enough, for a nobody to take it, just because the money is so immensely useful.

I mean, you could never use the work you took down. You could use the 10k for a brand new car, brand new computer, or startup on another project, or to live off of if you portion it for 10 months.

If I were to cut my losses and take down my work, and someone offered me 10k, I would promise to turn over the work and then disappear (it is just an internet identity) and never look back. I have done that with internet usernames before with a lot less pay from it.
  8. crazycossack

crazycossack New Member

So, as of 30/09/2014 the FAF server is dead or offline again? Is that correct? I certainly can't get a connection to it.
  9. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

10. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

11. Devak

Devak Post Master General

So sb paid 10K for the code? Next on FAF, subscriptions, DLC and the inevitable sequel ;)
  12. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

13. Quitch

14. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Would probably help if you spelled it right, eh? ;)
    cptconundrum, Quitch and cola_colin like this.
  15. Quitch

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    cptconundrum and cwarner7264 like this.