Factions/Unit Set

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Yourtime, September 7, 2012.

?

What do you think about the factions?

1. Only One, no need for DLC!

88 vote(s)
    57.5%
  2. One per release, more with DLC!

33 vote(s)
    21.6%
  3. Actually I think it's important to have more than one in the beginning.

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  1. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

You never said it.

You assumed it.

Using StarCraft 2 as an example; if I have a faction that is literally all T, P, and Z. Not pick some of each, but I have every single last unit.

Now, I decide to start with Z. And I try a particular build-order.

You know how to counter that build-order (we're assuming you're a similarly skilled player). So it isn't going to work for me.

I could choose a different strategy that still uses Z.

Or I could use a strategy that uses T.

Or I could use a strategy that uses P.

Having one faction of lots of units, gives me more options! I don't have to use them all. That's why they're options. They're optional. I have a choice in which ones I use in any particular game.

Now, you could easily try to make the argument that you could make another faction that has as many units as T+P+Z, but is still entirely different and unique from T+P+Z.

And I disagree with you. I don't think you can.

If you decide to respond by saying "Uber is a bunch of smart and talented people. I might not be able to, but they can!"

Well guess what - if Uber thought they could successfully do that on their budget, they would have.

[NINJA:] Damnit Godde! A giant essay for me to read while typing my post. ;D