Faction #2 - Symbol Thread

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by BradNicholson, October 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabbrewolf

Sabbrewolf New Member

For a "cult" that worships a machine god I find the best symbol would be a burning sun with clockworks inside it.

The "life giving sun" fits with a creator in many mythologies. The emphasis given to the burning flames of the sun would help embody the desire to burn away non believers and the progenitors. The clockworks within the sun dictate this all powerful force of the universe was a machine.

Just a thought.
  2. Maruun

Maruun Member

Hmm a Cog with an eye in couldnt quite get it done but maybe its still understandable. In an Atomsymbol maybe?

Original:
    [​IMG]

After my butchering...
    [​IMG]

And yes i am not good with art :p See my Avatar :D
  3. lapantouflemagic

lapantouflemagic Active Member

i like it, it's great !

maybe the white one should be a bit smaller though, on the first version, you see the black shape first, and then notice the small commander under it, that gave a great feeling. on this version you see the small white commander first, i think it's due to the size, maybe due to the extra details.
    [​IMG]
    and if you want to please everyone maybe you could try a small "power" button on the chest :)
    (if it's not too big i guess it can look nice)

i think there's clearly something we can do with the idea, i just needs to be assimilated, refined and transformed ;)
    LavaSnake and stevedaman1228 like this.
  4. zordian

zordian New Member

Hi

I got inspired by the on symbol and by the cog and by the discussion in this thread.

So i started with Marruns clear cog and added the on symbol from pizwitch.
    Gear On.JPG

It might have to be developed a bit of course
    maybe some cracks in the cog?
    The on symbol works like a kind of religious symbol and the cog maschine and forward movement.

@Maruun & @pizwitch
    I hope it was ok i made a combined symbol of your two ideas?

If not tell me and Ill take it down.

Kindly
    Michel
  5. calmesepai

calmesepai Member

What if you loose the cog and change it in to an eye with the on/off as a pupil.
    I would give it ago but drawing is not my thing and atm my time is soo limited.
    I
    Last edited: October 16, 2013
  6. stevedaman1228

stevedaman1228 Member

Dude, thats badass and fits this faction well. This is sweet.
  7. zordian

zordian New Member

Beyond my capabilities and time right now. But anyone that wants to continue has my permission but remember the originals aren't mine so...

Edit: On second though I think I personally orefer the simplicity. And fear that the eye might make it too much but I´d love to see someone try.
  8. voidmirage9

voidmirage9 New Member

Here is my take on the Zealous Machina.
    I really liked the power button seemed like a relic of the past, much like was pointed out... But I wanted to combine this with the all seeing eye, as the rays of light cascade down they are in turn actually circuits that assimilate all. Also showing "The Rising Cog." A pseudo-Sun symbol of enlightenment over all.
    The Enlightened V1.png
    The Enlightened V1.png
  9. Maruun

Maruun Member

No problem with that :p i am happy that my little thing caused a bit of inspiration :)

[​IMG]

Now thats what i came up with :)

You couldt even say it would that way: "Our God, is the center of everything...the world evovled araound him....and we follow him!"

*sigh* Another Inspiration....

[​IMG]
  10. mrpete

mrpete Member

I think if you take that one and make the wedges between inner cog circle and the atom symbol white to make the symbol stand out more while leaving the rest grey it'll look better.
    New the outer wings of the atom symbol look a bit detached.
  11. reiverta

reiverta New Member

What about... an 1/0 symbol whose ring *is* a cog?

That'd fit the symbolism, all right.
  12. reiverta

reiverta New Member

Full credit: I stole Maruun's picture and edited it in Paint.

Because I am a terrible artist.

Thanks, Maruun! We're all in this together, right? :)

cog.jpg

Hopefully it's enough to give the idea of what I was gunning for, anyway. If anyone feels like taking the concept and running with it, feel free... The proportions are off, for a start. I am a terrible artist. ;)
    dukyduke and Devak like this.
  13. Devak

Devak Post Master General

Nah it's good, i would flip it though.
  14. mrpete

mrpete Member

Yepp. Take the "1" to the top and (someone) see if it's possible to have the same width like the teeth of the cog and it's a go.
  15. reiverta

reiverta New Member

I'd be worried that would make the 'on button' look a little too obvious, don't you think?
  16. Devak

Devak Post Master General

i do not see what's wrong with that. Isn't that, like, the entire point?
  17. c4ptainpronin

c4ptainpronin Active Member

Good idea with the scaling, i tried it out a little bit and im pleased with the result. Of course the pointed shoulders become more exagerated since they overlap more with the negative space under the backround comanders arms, but i think its still ok in this version.
    Did also one with the on/out symbol. Not a huge fan to be honest, i dont think the fraction should have much "religious symbolysm". After all they are just machines with one aim in "life": Kill the Progenitors! But whatever i thought id try it out. Only works if the commander in the front is big enough of course because of the scalability. Anyways, have a look, let me know what you think.
    . pa_fanatics7.jpg pa_fanatics8.jpg
    kongkillha and LavaSnake like this.
  18. stevedaman1228

stevedaman1228 Member

You guys love that damn power symbol. don't you? lol
  19. pizwitch

pizwitch Active Member

Yup! Love it! <3
  20. lapantouflemagic

lapantouflemagic Active Member

ah, someone who thinks like me, at last ! :D
    (probably the reason why i like your symbol by the way)

i'm actually not fond of the power symbol, but since a lot of people appear to like it, it will probably end up in the final version. I guess the best i can do is trying to place it somewhere in a way that's not too painful for those who don't like it. to my mind the main thing is that this symbol should be discrete.

i took five minutes to photoshop (with paint :eek: ) a few variants with smaller symbols. and why do people keep placing it upside down ? is there a meaning i'm not aware of ?

i still prefer the first (original) one, but i like the two others :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.